Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Hypersensitive throttle after hard acceleration

Old 04-22-2019, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hypersensitive throttle after hard acceleration

Sometimes after I have briefly applied WOT (even, I think, if I don't push through the detent) to enter a highway from a very short ramp and have settled into cruising, I find the engine revs to outlandish levels with tiny throttle inputs. For example, if I've gone quickly from 0-60 and, later, apply gentle pressure to slowly accelerate to 65, it downshifts heavily and revs to something like 3000-4000.

Not a huge deal since it can be mitigated by shifting to D, but wondering if this is normal. Paraphrasing what I remember from the manual, when it detects a period of "sporty driving", it can change the parameters to adapt. My overall driving style is conservative, usually in Comfort/D with periods of Comfort/S when I need to accelerate or suppress auto-on/off. Changing the dynamics in response to a few seconds of hard acceleration every 50-100 miles or so seems like an overreaction.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,158 Likes on 906 Posts

This is more prominent in S (or Dynamic) mode. Still happens in AUTO drive mode as well.
Selecting Comfort in Audi Drive Select will help tone throttle response down, whether or not you were just beating on the car. Hope this helps.