Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

I am planning on wrapping my Q7

Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am planning on wrapping my Q7

I am thinking about wrapping my Q7 and wondering if anyone has done it and can share pictures. Any feedback or experiences you can share will be very helpful.

Originally I was going to do a chrome delete, but I use my roof rack and didn't want to keep redoing the roof rack since adding and removing the rack will scratch, rip or tear the vinyl.

Have any of you guys wrapped the card and left the chrome / silver sections alone? I plan on doing a bright Oslo Blue or OD Green color and want to see options that have the chrome / grey areas untouched.

Thanks so much for your input!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I’m considering the opposite, doing a chrome wrap delete to black out all the silver trim. The difficulty I have found is with the grill, it is cost prohibitive to wrap it and I’m trying to find an after market black grill. Has anyone also done this with their car?
Old 03-14-2019, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Plenty of photos of my car but here is one. Complete matte ppf.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Plenty of photos of my car but here is one. Complete matte ppf.

Would you mind sharing what you paid for the wrap?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ryanrS4
I’m considering the opposite, doing a chrome wrap delete to black out all the silver trim. The difficulty I have found is with the grill, it is cost prohibitive to wrap it and I’m trying to find an after market black grill. Has anyone also done this with their car?
Im considering the same thing. I have a white Q7 and plan to paint my calipers red and powdercoat my wheels black...but, then I'm like well I should change my emblems to black.
Which then brings me to the grill like you, I may just leaving the grill as is, as I don't want to change the grill to much work and money.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jason Abney
Would you mind sharing what you paid for the wrap?
A lot... But it included ceramic coating of my wheels, windows and tint. The shop I work with does the best work in the Seattle area so you pay a premium for quality as well. Best to find a shop you are comfortable with and check cost with them. It varies too widely to even be worth discussing.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

The guy who wrapped his Q7 was ripped off but wanted something exclusive so he paid up. You could pay half of what he paid and no one would know who paid more if you parked next to each other.
if you’re going to set 10k on fire it’s best you just get a different car.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
The guy who wrapped his Q7 was ripped off but wanted something exclusive so he paid up. You could pay half of what he paid and no one would know who paid more if you parked next to each other.
A full PPF wrap is vastly different than a vinyl wrap in terms of material cost and installation. Having a shop that knows what they are doing, stands behind their work and hand cuts the majority of their panels is also a different cost than most of the garbage shops out there as well.

But hey, if talking s&@t to someone you’ve never met on the internet makes you feel better about yourself, run with it.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,155 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Note that most of those PPF films (including XPEL Ultimate Stealth) carries a 10 year warranty... Most vinyl doesn't carry more than a 3 year warranty on horizontal surfaces (can be longer on vertical surfaces). So each to their own...
Old 03-20-2019, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Blacking out all of the chrome pieces and leaving the roof rails chrome wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. At least the roof rails are at the top of the car and depending on the color of your car, it may not be that big of a deal. I have blacked out quite a few cars but left the roof rails chrome/silver.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am planning on wrapping my Q7