Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

I need you guys to talk me off the ledge!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is going to be your wife's car, the only opinion that matters is hers. Let her make the decision.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That depends. Seems like he is the one would would deal with repairs and stuff. So he can factor in wife's preferences (colors, features), but also factor in reliability and other potential issues in which brand to get.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me clarify that I am saying the final choice should be hers in this particular case. It looks as if they are choosing between two really nice cars, both of which he has liked enough to consider.
They are leasing so there shouldn't be any huge repair bills. I've been "surprised" with cars in the past. I much prefer looking at and driving a few choices and then making my own decision. The feel of how the car handles is much more important to me than how pretty the color looks from the outside.

Last edited by Blazethesiberian; 08-16-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I would ask your wife which car she wants and go from there. If she like the Volvo more, that alone would tell me that is the route to go. Not to mention that you would have a car that not only costs less, but also gives you the pass in the HOV lane, which in your area is a big thing.

I was kinda in the same boat a few years ago. My wife really likes the Lexus RX line. We had the RX300 and when the time came to look for another one, she really only wanted to look at the RX350. I tried to get her to look at others, but after driving a couple other lines she went right back to Lexus and we currently have a RX350, which she still absolutely loves to this day 4 years later. I found that in the end it really did not make a difference to me since although I am not a huge fan of the Lexus, I really never really drive the car. Like others have said, a happy wife is worth it's weight in gold and the extra savings and HOV lane is just an added bonus.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I was kinda in the same boat a few years ago. My wife really likes the Lexus RX line. We had the RX300 and when the time came to look for another one, she really only wanted to look at the RX350. I tried to get her to look at others, but after driving a couple other lines she went right back to Lexus and we currently have a RX350, which she still absolutely loves to this day 4 years later.
Warning, joke to follow:

Ask most women what vehicle they prefer, the answer is: 'the white one, it goes with everything' ......

I know, it's crude and a cliche, but the point being, it doesn't matter how dated, ugly, under-powered, horribly handling, unreliable or impractical the car can be. All that matters is the appeal of it. It's the same for men or women. Think this way, if your spouse convinced you to get a car you really didn't want, would you enjoy driving it (regardless of all the so call positives)? Or would you hate it, every day of your ownership?

All that matters, is her decision. She will be driving it. (heisnuts proved the point)
Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My friend asked a woman what kind of car she drove. She said a Prendal. He had never heard of that, so he asked her more about it. She said that it said Prendal by the lever that makes it ready to drive. He eventually figured out she was reading PRNDL off the gear selector.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
How often did you spend taking in the XC90 before? What was the dealer experience like? What about loaners?

I really wanted to love our T6 XC90 (R-Design, Polestar tune, Invisihitch)... but over 10 months it spent 40 days, off and on, in the shop... and that experience absolutely sucked all around. Dealers sucked, loaners sucked, the problems they say they fixed still sucked.

We finally dumped it and now in the Q7...and everything works.

Remember those days when you waited for Sensus to boot up for the first 5 miles of your drive? Remember when you had to reset your seat settings each time you got in after your wife was driving? Remember wondering why you had such a big screen with a great map that you couldn't easily use for navigation? And if you want to tow, watch out for the Dremmel they use to cut out the bumper for the tow hitch.

All those things are gone for us... and we don't miss the XC90 at all.

Money aside... it's the added stress in your life of dealing with a luxury SUV where everything doesn't work like expected.

Finally... go back over to Swedspeed and notice that the forum threads continue to be about problems, gltiches and frustrating gremlins. Here you'll see mods, mileage, and mostly happiness... come back off the ledge!

What's weird is I didn't have many of those problems that you had with your XC90. I will say that the dealer/service experience is far behind other brands which I am not a fan of for sure.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:44 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
What's weird is I didn't have many of those problems that you had with your XC90. I will say that the dealer/service experience is far behind other brands which I am not a fan of for sure.
I assume your wife test drove the Q7 and liked it before you placed the order, and she is also aware of the wait and is ok with that too? If this is the case, and based on your other posts I would wait for the Q7..

Good luck..
Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ha. My wife not only didn't test drive a Q7, but we have had it now for nine days and she has not been inside it yet. She is too busy and said she is sure it will be fine. We had company and we only fit into an eight passenger car so she took another car. And now she is on a trip.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:08 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
Ha. My wife not only didn't test drive a Q7, but we have had it now for nine days and she has not been inside it yet. She is too busy and said she is sure it will be fine. We had company and we only fit into an eight passenger car so she took another car. And now she is on a trip.
Believe me I get it, but I insisted as did my salesman that my wife test drive it.. Similar story to your wife not getting in yours for 9 days.. We got our Q7 on the Friday before memorial day so we had the extended weekend to get familiar with the Q7, yet my wife didn't drive it until 6 days later. She could have at any time but didn't want to..She does this every time she gets a new vehicle and I don't get it. On the other hand, you usually can't get me out of a new vehicle..

Quick Reply: I need you guys to talk me off the ledge!