Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

I need you guys to talk me off the ledge!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
I know, it's crude and a cliche, but the point being, it doesn't matter how dated, ugly, under-powered, horribly handling, unreliable or impractical the car can be. All that matters is the appeal of it. It's the same for men or women. Think this way, if your spouse convinced you to get a car you really didn't want, would you enjoy driving it (regardless of all the so call positives)? Or would you hate it, every day of your ownership?

All that matters, is her decision. She will be driving it.
So accurate. Although I expect my wife to show some appreciation for the quality of build, engineering, and reliability of a vehicle, and fortunately she does. But well phrased, put yourself in her shoes.

I know that doesn't help much for the overall decision. Obviously you weren't in love with the previous XC90 or you would've kept it. I'd keep that in mind. I thought the T8 could only go 15 miles on electric only?

Someone once told me, life is too short to own the same car twice... get the Q7
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor K
So accurate. Although I expect my wife to show some appreciation for the quality of build, engineering, and reliability of a vehicle, and fortunately she does. But well phrased, put yourself in her shoes.

I know that doesn't help much for the overall decision. Obviously you weren't in love with the previous XC90 or you would've kept it. I'd keep that in mind. I thought the T8 could only go 15 miles on electric only?

Someone once told me, life is too short to own the same car twice... get the Q7
Yeah the T8 XC90 doesn't have much range (about 15 miles).

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I am going to wait for the Q7 because I do drive the car a lot and just love Audi's. I just needed some outside perspective. Once I see it on the dealerships website it will be a game changer for me.