If you had the chance to do it all over again? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

If you had the chance to do it all over again?

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

If you had the chance to do it all over again?

 
Old 01-15-2019, 01:22 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
RJC 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,228
Default If you had the chance to do it all over again?

I'm now faced with what to get as our DD/wife's vehicle, time is on our side so we can do something now or later in the year. So if you had to do it all over again and being a cash buyer, what would you do?

Here are some choices and feel free to add others that might be relevant:

1) 19 Q7...last year of many good things...but facelifted model coming this year and resale of current model will get hammered...significant savings 10%+
2) 20 Q7...new styling but loss of many of the more expensive items the current version has...better resale and more power, so so deals initially
3) MBGLE 450...improved styling, larger than before, more power than even the fl'd Q7, inline engine, 9 spd and 20 MY available in 60 days...but built in USA and no deals for awhile
4) Tried the Q8's and extensively so, but found the Q7 better all around.
5) New Caddy XT6...looks pretty nice but lacking in lux according to mags and most likely no deals for a while, low in power
6) 19 Cayenne...found the interior of the Q7 nicer/richer looking and better made/more solid
7) All new 2020 GLS...supposed to be a BIG improvement over current model but na until Q4 and made in USA
8) All new RR..but understand wont be unitl MY21
9) 19 BMW X5 New one looks better but I'm just not feeling the exterior styling..built in USA and a 19 vs 20

Am I missing anything? Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by RJC 1; 01-15-2019 at 02:41 PM.
RJC 1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:33 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 2,233
Default

From that list I'd take the '20 Q7 or the BMW X5. I dont really need a 3rd row, but have used it on occasion and its fun when two families can go together versus going in two cars. But getting past that, I'd do the X5
BigKutta is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:24 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 376
Default

From your list it would appear that a sedan is out of the question? Is your wife dead set on a luxury SUV?
JBaumgart is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
RJC 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
From that list I'd take the '20 Q7 or the BMW X5. I dont really need a 3rd row, but have used it on occasion and its fun when two families can go together versus going in two cars. But getting past that, I'd do the X5
Have you driven the new x5? I've only checked it out in the showroom so far


Originally Posted by JBaumgart View Post
From your list it would appear that a sedan is out of the question? Is your wife dead set on a luxury SUV?
She likes sitting up high and feels safer in an SUV...she'd prbably go for an A8, 7 series or an S class if I pushed a bit, but she likes suvs

Last edited by RJC 1; 01-15-2019 at 02:54 PM.
RJC 1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:56 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 376
Default

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
She likes sitting up high and feels safer in an SUV...she'd prbably go for an A8, 7 series or an S class if I pushed a bit, but she likes suvs
My wife, all of 5' tall, feels the same way.
JBaumgart is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 03:33 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
RJC 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by JBaumgart View Post
My wife, all of 5' tall, feels the same way.
LOL, mine's quite petite as well...I guess it's the only way they can feel taller
RJC 1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:02 PM
  #7  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 16
Default

We just went through this process, settled on a 2018 Q7 Prestige. We drove the new X5, it was ok, but nothing remarkable. Our BMW dealer also has a really poor service department so that factored into the decision again. I was surprised at how much they were willing to discount the x5 being that it was so new. Our dealer had a ton of them sitting on the lot...

I’m interested in the new MB, but we haven’t owned one and I don’t love the previous interiors I have sat in.
TheFatArmadillo is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:19 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 929
Default

To the list, I would add the Aviator and out of the left field the new RAM
gsobol is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:19 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Super User
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 2,233
Default

Originally Posted by TheFatArmadillo View Post
We just went through this process, settled on a 2018 Q7 Prestige. We drove the new X5, it was ok, but nothing remarkable. Our BMW dealer also has a really poor service department so that factored into the decision again. I was surprised at how much they were willing to discount the x5 being that it was so new. Our dealer had a ton of them sitting on the lot...

Iím interested in the new MB, but we havenít owned one and I donít love the previous interiors I have sat in.
Curious as to the discounts you were getting on the X5. With the markets see sawing like they are, its not surprising people have put off buying cars for a bit, plus there are a millions types of SUVs nowadays. We have an ML (now GLE), and despite its gremlins (1st year of the model), its a solid vehicle. I think if the new interior was available back when we bought, we would have bought it.
BigKutta is online now  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:27 PM
  #10  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Curious as to the discounts you were getting on the X5. With the markets see sawing like they are, its not surprising people have put off buying cars for a bit, plus there are a millions types of SUVs nowadays. We have an ML (now GLE), and despite its gremlins (1st year of the model), its a solid vehicle. I think if the new interior was available back when we bought, we would have bought it.
$71k and change was the sticker, they were at $63k after incentives in December.
TheFatArmadillo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you had the chance to do it all over again?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: