Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

If you had the chance to do it all over again?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony01

What I will never do again is buy a car that has not been in production for at least 2 years (mid cycle update excluding). Had a terrible experience with a new Cayenne Turbo last year. Essentially, new models in their first year of production often remain test mules, with frequent and widespread glitches and malfunctions.
Cayenne reliability track record is fair. Here's a few charts from Consumer Report.

Yes, the new BMW has some problems mainly software related. But it also has a very good reliability track record and good service. It's been out since November and the new builds seem to be pretty fine.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFatArmadillo

$71k and change was the sticker, they were at $63k after incentives in December.
That's huge. Wow! X5 no brainer!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cayenne gets a bad mark by consumers, owners, on the drive system. Looked at the 2020 MB GLE 450. Looks cheap to me, especially the front A/C vents. Weird presentation on that one.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Aside from the fact that I'd stay away from ANY first year production vehicle, I think the X5 has really upped its interior as is a serious contender, which was its only downside when I was shopping for an SUV. Otherwise, the drive, handling etc were the best of the whole lot.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TheFatArmadillo

$71k and change was the sticker, they were at $63k after incentives in December.
That's got to be on a 2018, not a 2019. Like Audi they were/are giving the 2018's away.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Aside from the fact that I'd stay away from ANY first year production vehicle, I think the X5 has really upped its interior as is a serious contender, which was its only downside when I was shopping for an SUV. Otherwise, the drive, handling etc were the best of the whole lot.
The only complaint I have on the new BMW X5 is the disappointing leg room. They extended the length like 4-5" but after sitting in it I was wondering where all that leg room went. My 2013 Lexus RX350 (which we love still) has more legroom than the X5 aka G05. We'll get use to it. I complained on the Bimmer forum and got some responses saying "I'm 6'2" and it's fine with me". So.......it's probably due to a transverse vs longitudinal engine mount.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
Cayenne reliability track record is fair. Here's a few charts from Consumer Report.

Yes, the new BMW has some problems mainly software related. But it also has a very good reliability track record and good service. It's been out since November and the new builds seem to be pretty fine.

Realibity track record is normally not available for the first production year due to the lack of data so these tables are of little help. Previous model realibility statiscs are irrelevant, especially when the platform is completely reworked which was the case with Cayenne. Sometime you can get lucky (my GL500 was also from the first production batch and I had zero issues with it) but rationally the bet is not justified.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think of reliability based on the overall track record of the manufacturer's entire line. I mean compare the excellent track record of Lexus versus Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Land Rover........

No comparison.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
1) 19 Q7...last year of many good things...but facelifted model coming this year and resale of current model will get hammered...significant savings 10%+
2) 20 Q7...new styling but loss of many of the more expensive items the current version has...better resale and more power, so so deals initially
I am starting my research for a 3 row SUV for my wife. We have a Q5 in the family and love it.

What features are going away with the 20 model year of the Q7?

My purchase time frame is summer of 2019 so I was thinking of waiting for the refresh, but if there can be a really good deal on a 19 Q7 I would consider it.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
What features are going away with the 20 model year of the Q7?
well, we are not going to lose actual features on the MY20. The vehicle will be just a bit different. The interior will be like the one on the Q8 and on the exterior, the only thing that will be gone are the exhaust pipes which isn't a real 'feature'.

We could get laser-headlights and will very likely get the sweeping indicator lights. In addition, the engine will be different (again, look at Q8).

Quick Reply: If you had the chance to do it all over again?