Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

I'm done with my new Q7...and probably with Audi.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm done with my new Q7...and probably with Audi.

I just sold my Q7. I have a build date of December and received my car in January. While this car has exceeded my expectations in ride comfort and technology there are serious issues in how Audi is dealing with early owners of the vehicle. I paid $82,000 for a vehicle I expected would be state-of-the-art in technology from a company who was supposed to be the best in the industry when it came to service. Sadly this is not the case.

In the last three months I have discovered that my car does not have the required parking sensors to upgrade to the new software (needed to be built after May) and there are no plans to upgrade to them. Now it is part of this emission scandal where the Q7's build before May are part of the software cheat (per Wall Street Journal). Either one of these items have the potential to destroy any resale value and while that is just a potential I can say with certainly that Audi has destroyed my faith in them as a company.

In my opinion, Audi has really screwed over those of us that are early adopters as well as apparently lied to us. Purchasing a car of this type and quality is more than just writing a check. It is about allowing the owner to feel that they were part of the experience...that they could reward themselves with a vehicle that stands above the rest. Sadly the new Q7 I purchased is not revealing itself to be no better than...well, then a Volkswagen. Frankly I do not want to own an $82,000 Volkswagen. The sad part is I also just purchased a new Q5 as well...that is also involved in the new 3.0 scandal. A scandal that was not revealed months ago when the original scandal happened.

Audi must come to those of us that are customers of their product and be honest with us. Personally I do not care why they did it, but I do care that they lied...and are still lying...to their customers. I can always buy another car, I just do not see me buying another Audi.

Last edited by jallen0; 11-14-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol... Interesting that you list parking sensors to me more important than emissions! They all lie at some stage buddy - this is not unique to Audi....
Old 11-14-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

They are not It was just what came first, a few months ago. If you look back on my posts you will see that I was concerned about other "new" options that models built after May would have that the early adopters would not get. But it's a drip effect. Look back at the prices for used TDI VW models now vs the first 30 days the original news came out. Now that there appears to be more and more confirmation of this new cheat affecting the Q7 I predict the resale value will hit them as well.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

whats the difference in sensors and software between before and after may?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

The required sensors to enable the parking software update are not installed prior to May builds. So no software update is available. My concern a few months ago when this happened was what other sensors are not installed or the right capability for future potential updates.

As I said then it's OK for a car to be refreshed and updated with new tweeks and upgrades in a mid-cycle or even the next year...but not a few months after being released. Especially for a car the price of this one.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

what was Parking software update? Auto on while pulling in?
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ouch... If you don't mind sharing, how many percent do you lose for selling the car in 10 months?

I sympathize with you. I am saddened and upset by the VW & Audi cheating scandal. I was hoping that they are through with the TDI cheating. The 3.0 TFSI is a great reliable engine.... not so much now with the cheating. (We can always wait for Trump disbanding EPA, then VW/Audi don't have to cheat anymore ... -- just kidding guys!!)
My car is probably fine since it's was built after May. However, as an Audi and a Q7, it will carry the same stigma.

I hope you find a better alternative, and I'd be interested in what you choose.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought someone already discovered how to make them auto-on via OBDEleven/VCDS???
Old 11-14-2016, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tzchang
I thought someone already discovered how to make them auto-on via OBDEleven/VCDS???
That was for vehicles that did not have the option enabled. In my case I did not have the right kind of sensor installed. It was a hardware issue, not a software issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm done with my new Q7...and probably with Audi.