Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic

First of all I want to thank everybody in this forum for a lot of useful information.

Past week or so I test drove 5 cars -- BMW X5, MB GLE, Volvo XC90, Porsche Cayenne and the Q7. For me the Q7 was the clear winner in terms of features and driving enjoyment. I did not like the split tailgate in the X5, the Cayenne is clearly a sports car and not a luxury car and while the XC90's 4 cylinder engine tries very hard (and you can hear it trying!), it is no match for the Q7's V6. The GLE came close (I do not need the 3rd row), but to me the ride of the Q7 was superior and only the Q7 had features I wanted (HUD and air suspension with loading level).

So I just placed an order with my dealer in Northern NJ for a Prestige with towing package, cold weather package, driver assistance package, luxury package and adaptive chassis package. Stayed with the BOSE sound system and 20" wheels. If you don't like white, black or gray, the exterior color choices are rather poor, so I am taking a chance on the Carat Beige, based on some google image pictures of an actual Q7 in Australia. I currently drive a 2013 Q5 which has the light beige interior and the light interior/headliner really opens up the spaciousness of the cabin. So I went with the Pistachio Beige interior on the Q7. I did like the brown interior but not the black dash top that came with it.

MSRP came to just shy of $80k. Sales manager at the dealer was quite honest -- they are getting a lot of interest in the Q7 right now and don't feel the need to discount the car. However, due to my past business, he gave me a 1.7% discount plus a $500 loyalty incentive.

No delivery date yet but I am guessing sometime in May. I will post pictures when I get the car.

Paul
Old 02-04-2016, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. You will be happy
Old 02-04-2016, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on your new order for a Q7!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Always cool to have a rarer, unique color. I bet it will look really nice.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, finally got some more info from my dealer. Order placed on 2/1 and accepted by factory on 2/15. Assigned production week is 1716, which I believe is the first week of May. Dealer tells me it will then be another 6 weeks till he gets it, so I should have it mid to late June.

Since this will be a company car, replacing a company car, I am fine with this schedule. More important to me is that I get the exact car I ordered. And hopefully by then any little production glitches will have been ironed out. LOL!

My production week appears to be later than what other people on this forum who placed an order this month are reporting. I wonder if it could be the Carat Beige Metallic color? My dealer told me mine is still his only Q7 order in that color.

I will post pictures when I do pick up car.

Paul
Old 02-25-2016, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That is pretty much the car and the color I'm interested in. The only deletes would be the towing package and the luxury package. I look forward to pictures of the color when you get the car.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice order. I have the same one (different color) but also have the 21" wheels. To me they added a huge difference to the vehicle over the 20" tires.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Picked up the car on Thursday. So 4 months from order (2/1) to delivery (6/2) with car being built on 4/28 (Week 17). Prestige with Carat Beige Metallic exterior, Pistachio Beige interior and following packages:

Luxury
Driver Assistance
Adaptive Chassis
Cold Weather
Towing
All Weather Mats
Privacy Trunk Cover

Obviously I have only driven a few miles in it so far but I am very pleased, car looks fantastic (photos attached) and drives like a dream.

I am wondering if Audi is reading this forum and adjusting the production line to correct complained about deficiencies. For example I have read a number of complaints on this forum about the buckle your seat belt tone being painfully loud but mine is a soft pleasant two-tone chime.

The Carat Beige Metallic was a gamble on my part since I ordered it essentially sight unseen. I am pleased with the way it looks. It sets off the black tires very nicely. As a previous poster has observed, it is a color that looks very different based on its surroundings. While I was taking these photos the clouds were coming in and out -- notice the difference in the color when cloudy and sunny.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1151.jpg   Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1153.jpg   Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1155.jpg   Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1156.jpg   Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1157.jpg  

Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1158.jpg   Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic-img_1150.jpg  
Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

looks great
Old 06-04-2016, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice car.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered a Prestige -- Carat Beige Metallic