Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Just ordered a Q7 - European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just ordered a Q7 - European Delivery

Coming over from the previous generation Q7 TDI, i have decided to take up Audi on the European Delivery program.

Premium Plus 2.0T
Glarier White
Nougat Brown Leather
Cold Weather Package
Warm Weather Package
Vision Package
Driver Assistance package
Rear side airbags

I am looking to go to Germany end of June so my sales rep told me the car will go into production end of April and will be ready by then.

Pretty excited to say the least. Should be fun.

Anyone done this before? Any tips and tricks for the process of ED?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I've always wanted to do this with BMW, just never found the time. Tell me more about the Audi program. What is the Euro delivery price versus the US price? How does the process work once the car is produced?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

This member did. Not sure if he is on here much still tho. Congrats!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ptics-2905148/
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I've always wanted to do this with BMW, just never found the time. Tell me more about the Audi program. What is the Euro delivery price versus the US price? How does the process work once the car is produced?
It's standard 5% off msrp plus any incentives, if any. I will probably get the $1000 loyalty if it's around when i "buy" the car. That will happen about a month before i pick it up

The process is similar to BMW. They pick you up from airport, drive you to hotel, which they pay for one night. Next day pick you up take you to factory. You get a tour and some free food, and pick up your car.

2 weeks full insuance is paid for by audi. There is 1000 euro deductible. If you want to extend, it costs extra.

One thing that sucks is the dealer holds your check for 19% of sale price, and returns it when you put the car on a ship stateside. This is to avoid any liability with tax authorities in case you decide to keep the car there. In the EU, they pay 19% VAT.

Other than that, you drive it around then drop it off at one of 17 locations. And it goes on a boat to your dealer.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
It's standard 5% off msrp plus any incentives, if any. I will probably get the $1000 loyalty if it's around when i "buy" the car. That will happen about a month before i pick it up

The process is similar to BMW. They pick you up from airport, drive you to hotel, which they pay for one night. Next day pick you up take you to factory. You get a tour and some free food, and pick up your car.

2 weeks full insuance is paid for by audi. There is 1000 euro deductible. If you want to extend, it costs extra.

One thing that sucks is the dealer holds your check for 19% of sale price, and returns it when you put the car on a ship stateside. This is to avoid any liability with tax authorities in case you decide to keep the car there. In the EU, they pay 19% VAT.

Other than that, you drive it around then drop it off at one of 17 locations. And it goes on a boat to your dealer.
Nice, enjoy the trip!!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

so i caved and switched the build to the 3.0T prestige with black optics package. all you 3 liter enthusiasts rubbed off on me
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

so i caved and switched the build to the 3.0T prestige with black optics package. all you 3 liter enthusiasts rubbed off on me
You won't regret that change...
Old 04-26-2018, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rubbed off on me

You won't regret it. Euro Delivery sounds fun and something that could coincide with a Euro trip as well.

What are the EU's laws on crossing borders? Say I wanted to take a Euro trip in the car, or at least from Germany to France or Italy? They won't see an American passport, new car, 1000+ mile round trip and get suspicious?
Old 04-27-2018, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky

You won't regret it. Euro Delivery sounds fun and something that could coincide with a Euro trip as well.

What are the EU's laws on crossing borders? Say I wanted to take a Euro trip in the car, or at least from Germany to France or Italy? They won't see an American passport, new car, 1000+ mile round trip and get suspicious?
It is open boarders. However, you will want to have a passport to get into those countries. American Passports are fine as long as it's not expired. I know France have tolls and checkpoints and when they see German license plates during the check points, they make sure everyone in the car has a passport. For the most part, as long as you don't do anything stupid to draw attention to yourself, you will be fine! Living in Germany going on 5 years, I know folks who travel through France without a passport quite a bit and never get caught. I don't recommend it but it happens. Also, make sure you have a international drivers license and you will be good to go. My dodge charger turn heads only because it is American Muscle and is a foreign car to them. A Q7 is domestic and normal to them so it wouldn't really cause anybody to become suspicious.

Last edited by jamalgault219; 04-27-2018 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamalgault219
It is open boarders. However, you will want to have a passport to get into those countries. American Passports are fine as long as it's not expired. I know France have tolls and checkpoints and when they see German license plates during the check points, they make sure everyone in the car has a passport. For the most part, as long as you don't do anything stupid to draw attention to yourself, you will be fine! Living in Germany going on 5 years, I know folks who travel through France without a passport quite a bit and never get caught. I don't recommend it but it happens. Also, make sure you have a international drivers license and you will be good to go. My dodge charger turn heads only because it is American Muscle and is a foreign car to them. A Q7 is domestic and normal to them so it wouldn't really cause anybody to become suspicious.

Would the dealership set you up with the international driver's license?

And no question I'd travel with a passport. I'm a dual-citizen of the US and UK so sounds like I just need to keep both on me.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a Q7 - European Delivery