Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Just purchased my first Audi

Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased my first Audi

Greetings,

First, thanks to everyone who contributes here. I lurked for quite a while during my car decision making process over the past few months. Your comments proved to be very helpful and I just pulled the trigger.

I have officially defected from minivan hell and just purchased a "used" 2017 Q7 Prestige. It's my first German car as I've been pitching my tent in the Honda/Acura/Lexus/Toyota far east part of the campground for the better part of 20 years.
I was going to wait until the 2018MY rolled out and try and score a good deal on a used Q7, but I saw a deal I couldn't refuse. That, and my patience with the minivan wore thin. I bought it from a GMC dealer who accepted the trade in with only 405 miles on it. An elderly man purchased it, couldn't figure out the sophisticated electronics, and before he finished his first tank, traded it in. True story--not dealer BS. The man left his clergy name tag in the car and I found his phone number and called him up to send it back to him. He verified the story.
Anyway I saved over $9000 off the sticker for 405 miles driven--by an 80 year old preacher nonetheless. I love it.
It was the exact trim, exterior/interior color, and optional packages I had previously decided upon. I feel fortunate, so hopefully that portends good things for my experience with the Q7.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations. In the same boat as you were-searching. How did you get to find out about this deal?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hkn125
Congratulations. In the same boat as you were-searching. How did you get to find out about this deal?
Ebaymotors. I was looking daily at cargurus also. It took me 2 months or so to find it. Good luck in your quest!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by leafnut73
Greetings,

First, thanks to everyone who contributes here. I lurked for quite a while during my car decision making process over the past few months. Your comments proved to be very helpful and I just pulled the trigger.

I have officially defected from minivan hell and just purchased a "used" 2017 Q7 Prestige. It's my first German car as I've been pitching my tent in the Honda/Acura/Lexus/Toyota far east part of the campground for the better part of 20 years.
I was going to wait until the 2018MY rolled out and try and score a good deal on a used Q7, but I saw a deal I couldn't refuse. That, and my patience with the minivan wore thin. I bought it from a GMC dealer who accepted the trade in with only 405 miles on it. An elderly man purchased it, couldn't figure out the sophisticated electronics, and before he finished his first tank, traded it in. True story--not dealer BS. The man left his clergy name tag in the car and I found his phone number and called him up to send it back to him. He verified the story.
Anyway I saved over $9000 off the sticker for 405 miles driven--by an 80 year old preacher nonetheless. I love it.
It was the exact trim, exterior/interior color, and optional packages I had previously decided upon. I feel fortunate, so hopefully that portends good things for my experience with the Q7.

That sounded like a good deal, not to mention you didn't have to deal with the long wait some of us had to go through with ordering. Congrats, this was my first Audi as well and am truly loving it!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Now that, ladies and gents, is a great deal! well done.

Now post some picture otherwise it didn't happen!!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

That is awesome. You definitely lucked out. What are your options and definitely post some pics
Old 01-26-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats...the Q7 is a fantastic vehicle. I'm sure you'll enjoy driving it every time just like most of us here
Old 01-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys. I'm feeling fortunate right now, but I know sometime in the next year when I'm seeing a '17 Q7 go for 45K and more features, then I'll wish I had waited. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I guess I can always take solace in the fact that I bought what amounts to a new car for a used price.
I'm very frugal, so dropping this kind of money on a vehicle is very uncharacteristic for me. My kids love it, especially the lights--go figure--I have four girls. They could care less about the power, handling, and engineering.
So I purchased a glacier white, nougat brown, presitge trim. It has the driver assistance package, tow package, audicare, and RSE prep. Pretty basic, but I'm still struggling to figure out the tech on this thing.
But the drive--wow. It makes me wonder why I waited so long.
Hopefully I can contribute here when I get stuff figured out.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I get the chance I'll post some photos. The car is dirty right now, so I'll wait to clean it up.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by leafnut73
Thanks guys. I'm feeling fortunate right now, but I know sometime in the next year when I'm seeing a '17 Q7 go for 45K and more features, then I'll wish I had waited. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I guess I can always take solace in the fact that I bought what amounts to a new car for a used price.
I'm very frugal, so dropping this kind of money on a vehicle is very uncharacteristic for me. My kids love it, especially the lights--go figure--I have four girls. They could care less about the power, handling, and engineering.
So I purchased a glacier white, nougat brown, presitge trim. It has the driver assistance package, tow package, audicare, and RSE prep. Pretty basic, but I'm still struggling to figure out the tech on this thing.
But the drive--wow. It makes me wonder why I waited so long.
Hopefully I can contribute here when I get stuff figured out.
You got a good deal now go enjoy the car. You'll never pay so little for another car ever, haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just purchased my first Audi