Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Latest Car & Driver picks Q7...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Car & Driver picks Q7...

Comparo between Q7, Range Rover Sport HSE, X5 xDrive 3.5 and XC90 T6 AWD Inscription.

Q7 is the overall winner. Performance of the Q7 was basically class leading. Volvo was mentioned for certain design elements that rivaled the Audi. Decent article.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

FTW!

Link to article?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry, I received the old school, actual paper magazine version in the mail - LOL. I'll see if there's an online version.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
Sorry, I received the old school, actual paper magazine version in the mail - LOL. I'll see if there's an online version.
What's a "magazine"?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know..I know...I'm old and I kill trees. I just checked and the article isn't online yet. If it's not there in a few days, I'll use this awesome new invention I heard about - a scanner - to upload to the World Wide Web.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know..I know...I'm old and I kill trees. I just checked and the article isn't online yet. If it's not there in a few days, I'll use this awesome new invention I heard about - a scanner - to upload to the World Wide Web.
Is that the same as the Interwebs?
Old 01-29-2016, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now, now 911 Crazy...

… if it wasn't for paper magazines - well, I'd have to balance my laptop on the potty! I still keep a couple of the mags in analog form...

The Q7 won the 2011 comparo as well:

Acura MDX vs. Audi Q7 3.0T, BMW X5 xDrive35i, Land Rover LR4 HSE, Lexus GX460 Comparison Tests - Page 6 - Car and Driver
Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Still not online
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New member here. I have the March print issue of Car and Driver magazine and having seriously considered the X5 (50i version) and briefly explored the new xc90 (only for a split second before I realized it's a 4 cylinder engine) as my next car, I read the article with interest. I think it's worth buying in print for fans of the second generation Q7. The comparison test is thorough and the article is well written In the usual witty C&D voice. The photos are nice. The only minor complaint I can see is that the x5 tested doesn't have the optional DHP suspension for supposedly better handling, but I guess price is the limiting factor there (4K option I believe). It's surprising how poorly the x5 scored with the testers in the handling and fun-to-drive aspects, I am sure a tester with the optional suspension would've tested more favorably.

The thing that most people are hung up on (including the Car and Driver staff) is the xc90 styling, but I happen to like the q7's clean design and its resemblance to the previous generation a3 sport back we used to be able to buy here in the US. (No, not the new version that is not quite as clean looking to my eye). It's nice that C&D can acknowledge that the xc90's beauty is mostly skin deep. In researching, I don't remember coming across many reviews that actually dinged its driving experience (edmunds and carbuyeruk did from what I recall). Everyone else is smitten.

On another note, this is a sweet video of the q7 killin' it Quattro-style:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJ6y-eGVdw

And here's Part 1 of the previous video, I love how the new body style is reminiscent of the original quattros:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtIHCTWIqk

Enjoy, and congrats to all the new owners!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fuschlsee
New member here. I have the March print issue of Car and Driver magazine and having seriously considered the X5 (50i version) and briefly explored the new xc90 (only for a split second before I realized it's a 4 cylinder engine) as my next car, I read the article with interest. I think it's worth buying in print for fans of the second generation Q7. The comparison test is thorough and the article is well written In the usual witty C&D voice. The photos are nice. The only minor complaint I can see is that the x5 tested doesn't have the optional DHP suspension for supposedly better handling, but I guess price is the limiting factor there (4K option I believe). It's surprising how poorly the x5 scored with the testers in the handling and fun-to-drive aspects, I am sure a tester with the optional suspension would've tested more favorably.

The thing that most people are hung up on (including the Car and Driver staff) is the xc90 styling, but I happen to like the q7's clean design and its resemblance to the previous generation a3 sport back we used to be able to buy here in the US. (No, not the new version that is not quite as clean looking to my eye). It's nice that C&D can acknowledge that the xc90's beauty is mostly skin deep. In researching, I don't remember coming across many reviews that actually dinged its driving experience (edmunds and carbuyeruk did from what I recall). Everyone else is smitten.

On another note, this is a sweet video of the q7 killin' it Quattro-style:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJ6y-eGVdw

And here's Part 1 of the previous video, I love how the new body style is reminiscent of the original quattros:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtIHCTWIqk

Enjoy, and congrats to all the new owners!

Welcome to AW! Oh, and you're links are dead.

Quick Reply: Latest Car & Driver picks Q7...