Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Lease Over Mile Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lease Over Mile Fees?

Have you turned in a lease, bought another Audi and negotiated out of paying miles fees?

After 15 Audis, for the first time, I turned in a lease for my new Q - I'm over mileage on the 2015 Q7, P+ I turned in and I expect a bill. Curious if others have been in this situation.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’d negotiate the overage to reduce the price of the new Audi. I mean I’m assuming it’s not thousands of dollars in excessive mileage fees. I don’t think there is a way around the overage. Typically most manufacturers waive disposition fees though if you get another Audi. Usually around $350 to $400? Not to mention perhaps there may be some owner loyalty to offset the excessive mileage charge too? Sometimes it also makes more sense to trade it instead of turning it in. Tax credits, maybe even equity. My .02
Old 09-20-2018, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It's $0.25 per mile over. Audi Financial Services is charging you this not the dealer. If your dealer is "covering" it, you are likely getting a smaller discount.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It's $0.25 per mile over. Audi Financial Services is charging you this not the dealer. If your dealer is "covering" it, you are likely getting a smaller discount.
yes, i know its AOA - i got all my discounts - usually the dealer buys the car from me but for some reason they are turning this in.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TRDGUY2001@YAHOO.COM
I’d negotiate the overage to reduce the price of the new Audi. I mean I’m assuming it’s not thousands of dollars in excessive mileage fees. I don’t think there is a way around the overage. Typically most manufacturers waive disposition fees though if you get another Audi. Usually around $350 to $400? Not to mention perhaps there may be some owner loyalty to offset the excessive mileage charge too? Sometimes it also makes more sense to trade it instead of turning it in. Tax credits, maybe even equity. My .02
if you trade in, they will likely appraise it for less than what you owe to AOA.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So I calculated what I thought AOA lease-return bill would be, minus the $495 for buying another Audi, and I predict it to be well over $3k.

I begged the dealer to buy the car, and they offered me $1500 to buy it instead of turning it in - I've agreed to the deal.

There you have it.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

They gave you $1500?What do you mean? I’m not talking about rebates btw. The only way they “gave” you money for the lease is if you traded it in. Meaning you had equity. If you just “returned” it then yes Audi will just send you a bill for the excess mileage and you proceed with the normal separate purchase of the new car. You prolly meant you had equity from the trade? That’s why I said sometimes it’s better to trade it than to just return it. So again for clarity if you trade it then you are off the hook for any excessive miles and or excessive wear and tear.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TRDGUY2001@YAHOO.COM
They gave you $1500?What do you mean? I’m not talking about rebates btw. The only way they “gave” you money for the lease is if you traded it in. Meaning you had equity. If you just “returned” it then yes Audi will just send you a bill for the excess mileage and you proceed with the normal separate purchase of the new car. You prolly meant you had equity from the trade? That’s why I said sometimes it’s better to trade it than to just return it. So again for clarity if you trade it then you are off the hook for any excessive miles and or excessive wear and tear.
Sorry, yes, they offer me to PAY $1500 to buy it from Audi (trade it in - but I already bought the new Q. (As opposed to turning it in and paying the turn-in bill for miles and dents and scratches.)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Sorry, yes, they offer me to PAY $1500 to buy it from Audi (trade it in - but I already bought the new Q. (As opposed to turning it in and paying the turn-in bill for miles and dents and scratches.)
so they gave u $1,500 and you gave them your old Q ?? I don't get it. They prob know they can sell it for way more than your buyback amount from aoa
Old 09-24-2018, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like he got more than his payoff/residual it’s why he had $1500 in equity. So the dealer pays off what he owes to AOA and now they bring the car into their inventory and are free to sell it for what they want to the next guy. The alternative is OP turns car in and still has to pay excessive mileage fees and he doesn’t take advantage of the equity. Sounds like OP made the right decision.

Quick Reply: Lease Over Mile Fees?