Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

LED headlights are a bit low

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Earlier in this thread it was "clockwise" to raise.

Latest posts say "counter-clockwise".

Anybody know for sure?
Old 01-04-2017, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
Earlier in this thread it was "clockwise" to raise.

Latest posts say "counter-clockwise".

Anybody know for sure?
Mine was CCW. But with the lights pointed at a wall, just try one way and see which way they move.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RickObe:

Unfortunately for me I listened to the earlier posts and went clockwise. I had simply made 1.5 full revolutions with my tool in the clockwise direction with the car off while in my garage. Figured I would see how it looked on the road the next evening then adjust from there.

After your answer, I decided to go back and reverse what I did. Then something told me to pop-off the plastic trim panels covering the adjustment area.

And low-n-behold........Audi placed a marker right there with a "V" indicating vertical adjustment with arrows for UP and DOWN.

You were right. Counterclockwise!

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

RickObe:

Unfortunately for me I listened to the earlier posts and went clockwise. I had simply made 1.5 full revolutions with my tool in the clockwise direction with the car off while in my garage. Figured I would see how it looked on the road the next evening then adjust from there.

After your answer, I decided to go back and reverse what I did. Then something told me to pop-off the plastic trim panels covering the adjustment area.

And low-n-behold........Audi placed a marker right there with a "V" indicating vertical adjustment with arrows for UP and DOWN.

Thank you.
Nice
Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKV
Thanks Rick. Much appreciated. You said you went counter-clockwise?
Thank you
Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 PM
DKV
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RickObe:

Thank you.
Right on the money bud. Thanks for the pic.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

It should be okay to do the adjustment with the headlights switched on, right?

And will any screwdriver work? Like say. A Phillips screw driver? Or do we need a particular one?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

RickObe:

Thank you.
Nice, but the question now is that is it counter clockwise for both sides? Did you pop off the other side as well? For example, if the passenger side (which I assumed is pictured) is counter-clockwise, it wouldn't surprise me that the driver side is a mirror image and the direction is clockwise.

Just putting it out there...
Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
It should be okay to do the adjustment with the headlights switched on, right?

And will any screwdriver work? Like say. A Phillips screw driver? Or do we need a particular one?
It would be best to do the adjustment with the headlights on so you can see the movement in height. I used a flat head screwdriver, it was real easy to turn.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Nice, but the question now is that is it counter clockwise for both sides? Did you pop off the other side as well? For example, if the passenger side (which I assumed is pictured) is counter-clockwise, it wouldn't surprise me that the driver side is a mirror image and the direction is clockwise.

Just putting it out there...
Same way for both sides.