Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

LED Reverse Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang, y’all are quick with the replies! Ive enjoyed my experiences with them, especially the brighter reverse lights.

Last edited by BryonL; 07-10-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: link already posted
Old 07-10-2018, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CRamos3
No glare. Probably 30% brighter.
Nice, thanks.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

How easy is it to replace them? Also did you replace your license plate lights too? It looks very bright.
Stock reverse lights are so dim, I actually use my hazard flashers to see certain spots of my driveway more clearly, hoping these would help. I don't see the 15% discount, though. Probably missed it.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
How easy is it to replace them? Also did you replace your license plate lights too? It looks very bright.
Stock reverse lights are so dim, I actually use my hazard flashers to see certain spots of my driveway more clearly, hoping these would help. I don't see the 15% discount, though. Probably missed it.
Its easy to replace it. Pop the small plastic cover on rear bumper. Look inside of it to see the screw. Use Torq screwdriver to loosen it. Then push the lights out.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The license plate lights are stock.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its easy to replace it. Pop the small plastic cover on rear bumper. Look inside of it to see the screw. Use Torq screwdriver to loosen it. Then push the lights out.
Great pictures, thank you. Do you have a picture of what LED replacement bulbs look like? Found these while checking which are also meant for reverse but they have a lens at the tip to push light straight out, bit more expensive, so I was wondering if these are also dome shaped with light and lens at tip?

https://undergroundlighting.com/prod...RoCBUAQAvD_BwE

Last edited by hayde_bre; 07-11-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great pictures, thank you. Do you have a picture of what LED replacement bulbs look like?
Sorry I already installed it. Its 921 bulb. Tried Osram and philips LED bulb. Worked but throw error code. This is the only one that works. Its also brighter than the 2.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry I already installed it. Its 921 bulb. Tried Osram and philips LED bulb. Worked but throw error code. This is the only one that works. Its also brighter than the 2.
I wonder why error codes on static lights (not blinkers) maybe they sense the voltage is too low and assume they are burned out?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I wonder why error codes on static lights (not blinkers) maybe they sense the voltage is too low and assume they are burned out?
Yes. I think Deautoled put resistor on theirs.
This is how the bulb look.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The voltage is the same, it’s the current that is sensed. The resistance of an led is greater than an incandescent bulb so the current is much less and that throws the code. Led’s With resistors in them emulate a regular bulb and therefore does not get sensed. The disadvantage of an led with the aforementioned led is that it uses the same current and therefore does not save any energy. Cars that are designed for led’s have a different sensing threshold so they use less current, save energy and recently can emit greater lumens than an incandescent bulb.

Last edited by DB22; 07-11-2018 at 06:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
McDQ7 (08-27-2022)

Quick Reply: LED Reverse Lights