Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

looking to buy 2018 Q7 with specific spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:16 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dohturdima
I am looking to find a Prestige Q7 with adaptive chassis - actually want/need all wheel steering so that I can park it easily and will need every inch of that shorter turning circle so that I can squeeze into my driveway and when parallel parking. It also helps to know that adaptive chassis improves the driving dynamics and will help soak up the NYC street potholes. I am also looking to find it in Samurai gray and with a Pistachio beige interior, and all the options -minus- Luxury package, towing, B&O and Night vision. Will likely keep the 20" wheel stock as without a spare it's safer to have run-flats. - is a custom order my only option? Any advice how does one go about negotiating something like that and how long it generally takes to take delivery? Is European delivery something worth considering?
I just kept looking at all the "Local" dealers within 100 miles, and the car I wanted popped up... it just happened to be at my local Audi dealer. I had considered custom ordering, but the 3-4 month was longer than I wanted to wait. I found mine within 3-4 WEEKS of looking through Audi dealer websites every day.
But, since then, I also read about the pickup options in Germany, getting factory tour, and then you drive a vacation in Europe before you take it to the "drop off location" of your choice where they clean it up, and ship it to you back in the states. That sounds like a fun option if you want a European/Germany vacation. It seems like I read that the actual car might be less expensive that way as well. it seems like the biggest "problem" is determining the timing on the vacation. Check out: https://www.audiusa.com/inventory/european-delivery

Last edited by timshuwy; 01-20-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I am looking to find a Prestige Q7 with adaptive chassis - actually want/need all wheel steering so that I can park it easily and will need every inch of that shorter turning circle so that I can squeeze into my driveway and when parallel parking. It also helps to know that adaptive chassis improves the driving dynamics and will help soak up the NYC street potholes. I am also looking to find it in Samurai gray and with a Pistachio beige interior, and all the options -minus- Luxury package, towing, B&O and Night vision. Will likely keep the 20" wheel stock as without a spare it's safer to have run-flats. I searched on autotrader but wasn't able to find anything close to this package - is a custom order my only option? Any advice how does one go about negotiating something like that and how long it generally takes to take delivery? Is European delivery something worth considering? I am in NYC but would prefer to avoid going to any NYC-based dealer and would prefer Long Island, Weschester and NJ based dealers. I already test-drove and X5 (didn't care for the interior although liked how it drove), XC90 (great interior and exterior appearance, but hated the screen-only Sensus and the engine felt underpowered).
You'll have to do it as a factory order if that is your only desired color combo. Samurai gray is a brand new color, and teaming it with beige makes it a needle in a haystack color combo, regardless of other options.

I can recommend someone to you if Long Island is on your hitlist. Negotiating is the same as an in stock car at the end of the day - you and the seller come to a mutual agreement. Euro delivery takes the negotiating part away (it's a fixed discount), but lets you order the exact car you want, and take delivery of it in Germany and do a factory tour, which is an amazing experience - and first class all the way.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
You'll have to do it as a factory order if that is your only desired color combo. Samurai gray is a brand new color, and teaming it with beige makes it a needle in a haystack color combo, regardless of other options.

I can recommend someone to you if Long Island is on your hitlist. Negotiating is the same as an in stock car at the end of the day - you and the seller come to a mutual agreement. Euro delivery takes the negotiating part away (it's a fixed discount), but lets you order the exact car you want, and take delivery of it in Germany and do a factory tour, which is an amazing experience - and first class all the way.
Thank you for your suggestions! I originally test-drove the Q7 at Audi of Smithtown (went out there because used to live and work in the area), but am willing to travel do a different dealership as long as it's not all the way out East and appreciate any dealer recommendations. Re. Euro delivery, I really like the idea but don't know how it would work with my and my wife's work schedule (how flexible Audi of America is on this). It it is something I am thinking about for sure as I've never been to Germany and neither has she.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Thank you for your suggestions! I originally test-drove the Q7 at Audi of Smithtown (went out there because used to live and work in the area), but am willing to travel do a different dealership as long as it's not all the way out East and appreciate any dealer recommendations. Re. Euro delivery, I really like the idea but don't know how it would work with my and my wife's work schedule (how flexible Audi of America is on this). It it is something I am thinking about for sure as I've never been to Germany and neither has she.
They have a dedicated team who handles Euro deliveries; I have found them great to work with, and they really try to work within scheduling confines where possible. I'll pm you