Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Looks like REVO has a flash for the CREC motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm visiting my local REVO dealer tomorrow, I will update with whatever happens.

I've gathered some info on the REVO stage 1 tune for our CREC engines, it seems these engines already have a smaller pulley, hence they wont be offering a pulley or a stage 2, they claim an increase to 406-441hp with the stage1 and so far they seem happy with that. I personally think it will be enough, but will tell once I try.

I was hoping to try the APR, since I already tried the REVO stage1 on my Audi S4 b8, and was very pleased with it, so the idea of having REVO again doesn't sound bad at all either.

Regarding the exhaust, I'm also looking for something with little luck, I've contacted Milltek and they didn't seem to be working on anything, and Supersprint which answered, they were working on it and will have something earlier on 2018, we'll see what they come up with, I would happily try a Y pipe middle muffler delete.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll bring good news.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by apertura
I'm visiting my local REVO dealer tomorrow, I will update with whatever happens.

I've gathered some info on the REVO stage 1 tune for our CREC engines, it seems these engines already have a smaller pulley, hence they wont be offering a pulley or a stage 2, they claim an increase to 406-441hp with the stage1 and so far they seem happy with that. I personally think it will be enough, but will tell once I try.

I was hoping to try the APR, since I already tried the REVO stage1 on my Audi S4 b8, and was very pleased with it, so the idea of having REVO again doesn't sound bad at all either.

Regarding the exhaust, I'm also looking for something with little luck, I've contacted Milltek and they didn't seem to be working on anything, and Supersprint which answered, they were working on it and will have something earlier on 2018, we'll see what they come up with, I would happily try a Y pipe middle muffler delete.

y pipe has been done check on instagram apple_jacks_m3 he has a cold start video up.

View this post on Instagram
Old 11-17-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by apertura

The Torque increase is not very impressive for a smaller pulley. Only 355lbft to 367lbft.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

The smaller pulley is confirmed? It's interesting its the same power and torque of the old 3.0t.

441 is still a good bump in power. Closer to a 958 turbo. But this would get you TD1 flagged
Old 11-17-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am dying waiting for erwheezy to give us an update.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any update on this?
Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven’t had time to go in and have them scan my box code. Hoping to go this weekend
Old 11-30-2017, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have installed the REVO stage 1 for the CREC engine, and although I haven't had the change to try it properly I must say there is a notable increase in Butt Dyno figures.
The install went without any problems, we tested the car prior to the install, everything was correct, and then we installed the software and did another test ride, controlling various parameters through VCDS.
The Car now pushes all the the way to 6800rpm, and doesn't let go at 5800rpm like it used to before tune, the feeling is not astonishingly strong, but this is due to the transmission being so smooth, when I installed the stage 1 REVO on my 2011 S4 b8, the feeling of Hp increase was bigger, but I think it was due to the gear shifts being more abrupt because of the dual clutch stronic transmission.
As said I havn't had the chance to try it out properly, as soon as I do I'll update the post.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome. Thanks much. Did you have the Revo dealer install it, or did you install it yourself via OBD2?
Old 11-30-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by itiongo
Awesome. Thanks much. Did you have the Revo dealer install it, or did you install it yourself via OBD2?
I called a revo dealer here in the states, they said it was dealer only install. This basically kills that idea for me, I don't have a dealer near me for at least 3hrs one way.

Quick Reply: Looks like REVO has a flash for the CREC motor