Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Looks like REVO has a flash for the CREC motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, I need to call my boys over at EPL and see if they have anything in the works for us! I have an EPL tune on my S7 and they have been tuning S4's for years! Whats great about EPL is that you can flash at home and its super easy. I will make the call. I think it would help them make it a priority if I had guys chime in who would be interested. Then I could go to EPL and say "look, I have 10 guys ready to go" or whatever the case may be.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Yeah, I need to call my boys over at EPL and see if they have anything in the works for us! I have an EPL tune on my S7 and they have been tuning S4's for years! Whats great about EPL is that you can flash at home and its super easy. I will make the call. I think it would help them make it a priority if I had guys chime in who would be interested. Then I could go to EPL and say "look, I have 10 guys ready to go" or whatever the case may be.
I pinged EPL a few weeks ago regarding the Q7, they said they don't have a tune for it yet. They do have tunes for the A6/A7 with CREC engine, so not sure what they need to do to make this work for Q7.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apertura
I have installed the REVO stage 1 for the CREC engine, and although I haven't had the change to try it properly I must say there is a notable increase in Butt Dyno figures.
The install went without any problems, we tested the car prior to the install, everything was correct, and then we installed the software and did another test ride, controlling various parameters through VCDS.
The Car now pushes all the the way to 6800rpm, and doesn't let go at 5800rpm like it used to before tune, the feeling is not astonishingly strong, but this is due to the transmission being so smooth, when I installed the stage 1 REVO on my 2011 S4 b8, the feeling of Hp increase was bigger, but I think it was due to the gear shifts being more abrupt because of the dual clutch stronic transmission.
As said I havn't had the chance to try it out properly, as soon as I do I'll update the post.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Did the flash also adjust shift points in the transmission?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by noxqzs
Did the flash also adjust shift points in the transmission?
No, the shifts still happen around 6500-6700
Old 12-01-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
Awesome. Thanks much. Did you have the Revo dealer install it, or did you install it yourself via OBD2?
The dealer installed it
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Any update on the performance of this tune?
- MPG increase/decrease
- Smoothness of acceleration
- Feels more torque/low end power vs high end power(feels like turbo)
- Acceleration when 40+ mph
- Launch from 0-60mph
Old 12-18-2017, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
Any update on the performance of this tune?
- MPG increase/decrease
- Smoothness of acceleration
- Feels more torque/low end power vs high end power(feels like turbo)
- Acceleration when 40+ mph
- Launch from 0-60mph
-MPG is roughly the same, roadtrips are the same and spirited driving, a bit more,but surely is because the hp increase, encourages to go a bit harder
-Smoothnes is as always, smooth as silk.
-Low end power has increased but not by much 5% I'd say, is still very lineal, but what it does is keep pulling from 5K up much harder than before.
-It does pull harder from 40mph mainly due to the engine going stronger from 5k on.
-Acceleration 0-60mph, I haven't measured, but I will and come back with results.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks much apertura. Looking forward to hear more news on this tune.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

A little update on the REVO flash.

So far it's proved very reliable, about 10.000km and everything seem more than fine.
Milage is 99% as stock, overall I've slightly increased consumption, but I think is more the thrill of the stronger engine making my right foot a bit heavier.
The performance seems, as I mentioned before, just like stock but pulling harder from 5k on.
I've measured the 0-60 time and it's surely is under 5 seconds which is quite an improvement in my opinion.

Feel free to ask any questions, regarding the tune.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While it's not too far away from me, there is only one REVO dealer for Audi in the entire state of Illinois.

lol why? Every other make is scattered throughout the state.

Quick Reply: Looks like REVO has a flash for the CREC motor