Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Lost all camera function today

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost all camera function today

Navigation was enabled and when I went to reverse into a parking spot I had the outline on the right-hand side of the display, but no camera view. Disabling the navigation system did not re-enable the camera functionality. I tried turning off the ignition and then waiting to see if when I went into accessory mode the cameras would function again, but unfortunately they did not.

After about 2 hours, we arrived back and once I restarted the Q7, the cameras began to function properly.

Weird, but seems more like some sort of a software issue than the hardware especially since the alignment lines on the right-hand side of the display were following the movement of the steering wheel.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Have you reported it to your Audi service advisor?
Old 05-27-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The only time I can make it happen is shifting into to reverse immediately after starting, but it's always fixed with an engine restart. Never seen it happen in the instance you described.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darren D,
I've had a similar experience twice in the last two months or so, where when initiating parking, all camera views were blank. Hasn't happened often enough for me to carefully record the circumstances and carefully try recovery techniques. With no good information, I haven't reported it to Audi.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that happen a couple months in. It'd show the correct image and then black out right away on all cameras. It was out for about a day and then all of a sudden was back on.

It was fine for another month and blacked out again. I took video of it that time knowing it very well may come on again to show to service. Once again, it came on after several hours.

Now maybe 7 months later, not one issue.

Last edited by Bozman5000; 05-28-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same issue, one time couple months ago and same "Fix" waiting 2 hours.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted to say thanks for the replies so far as this helps a lot, especially when considering if it does happen again I will record how the display is showing exactly what Bozman5000 described.

Thanks SYMAWD, redfox38, Bozman5000, and boletechman!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had it happened as well. in addition to drivetrain failure messages. after restarting Q7 all error messages went away, but cameras didn't stream images to MMI . I did 3 button MMI soft reset, which resolved the issue.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Was the trunk open?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you follow this forum, you'll find posts about all kinds of gremlins living in our vehicles .
I always keep my maps display on Google Earth, but eveytime the moon is in a certain phase, it reverts back to standard. I have to go in & check the box for Google & it comes right back.
The other day, I backed out of my driveway & the rear camera was on. When I started forward to drive away the front camera came on as it was supposed to, but even after I passed the speed where it was supposed to turn off - it didn't. Stayed on all the way to my destination (always wondered what things looked like at that angle).
Guess all the different happenings just add to the excitement of operating a technological wonder.
Never hurts to talk to your dealer if it's a real problem, but unless they can see it or a fault is stored - good luck.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happens to my Q7 this week... Suddenly lost all cameras... Unfortunately, it did not came back after 2 hours like you guys reported. It has been 4 days already and still not recovering... Tried to book an appointment with dealership but it seems they are too popular... The closest date I can get an appointment is July 1st...... *Sigh*

Quick Reply: Lost all camera function today