Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Lowering Options for Q7 4M?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lowering Options for Q7 4M?

Anyone aware of any options to lower a 2018 Q7 on standard suspension? Wanting to get 22” wheels, but not until I can lower the vehicle a bit to reduce the major wheel gap in factory OEM (20” wheels). Searched high and low and unable to find any lowering springs available for the new Q7 models.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dwq74m
Anyone aware of any options to lower a 2018 Q7 on standard suspension? Wanting to get 22” wheels, but not until I can lower the vehicle a bit to reduce the major wheel gap in factory OEM (20” wheels). Searched high and low and unable to find any lowering springs available for the new Q7 models.
look into BC coil overs. You can customize your spring rate and lower your Q. Just select the 2015 model because the site isn’t updated for our 2018. I’m personally waiting to mash up my stock set up for a bit to further analyze what brand I want. KW, BC or Bilstein with H&R springs. KW has air upgrade system if we want to add to our setup for much cheaper than paying prestige price and 4K extra for a suspension you probably will have to replace anyways
Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the input. I'll check that out and see if what they use now will work on our 2018 4M models. I didn't realize KW had the air suspension option either. I thought it was only for a car with existing air suspension. Thanks. Let me know what you decide to do. Are those 22" wheels on your Q7? Are you running 285/35/22?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the input. I'll check that out and see if what they use now will work on our 2018 4M models. I didn't realize KW had the air suspension option either. I thought it was only for a car with existing air suspension. Thanks. Let me know what you decide to do. Are those 22" wheels on your Q7? Are you running 285/35/22?
285/35 or 305/35 will work.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by erwheezy
285/35 or 305/35 will work.
Thanks for the input - very helpful. I am about to purchase some 22x10.5 rims et35, but was worried with the 285/35/22 that the rim would be too exposed. Didn't know if I could go to a 295 or 305 setup without rub. Sounds like I may be OK. Been following your posts, your Q7 is beautiful. Nice work!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently there are no off the shelf options for the Q7 4M with steel suspension. I've contacted the following manufacturers and they either have no plans to not in the immediate future.
  • H&R (over the last few months they have said in the next few weeks something will be available)
  • KW
  • ABT
  • MTM
  • Eibaich
  • BC Coilovers (the said that at the end of the year they will start development)
  • CEIKA
Old 05-10-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jimminez
Currently there are no off the shelf options for the Q7 4M with steel suspension. I've contacted the following manufacturers and they either have no plans to not in the immediate future.
  • H&R (over the last few months they have said in the next few weeks something will be available)
  • KW
  • ABT
  • MTM
  • Eibaich
  • BC Coilovers (the said that at the end of the year they will start development)
  • CEIKA
very helpful. Thank you. I guess we’ll just keep waiting. I’m going to get the 22’s installed in two weeks. I’ll post pics, then just wait for the lowering options to come out. Thanks for the great info.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

very helpful. Thank you. I guess we’ll just keep waiting. I’m going to get the 22’s installed in two weeks. I’ll post pics, then just wait for the lowering options to come out. Thanks for the great info.
No problem. I'm constantly trying to get an update from them. I'd very much like to find a solution as well, preferably a coilover one rather than springs.

One suggestion I have if you are swapping out wheels, try to get a tire size that is slightly bigger than current. I stuck with the OE 285/40R21 and feel like a 295/40R21 will suit better. I'd say go with a 305/35R22.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default passing

Hello Gents,
was kinda fired up about lowering, until I saw other vehicles slammed, so I cooled off. IMHO, 7 is kinda big, not-so-sporty vehicle to ride so low to the ground. I've seen a comparable in size Grand Cherokee SRT on 22s,superslammed, and it just looked to me like an elephant with donkey legs . And another air 7 module lovered. Plus I enjoy the emposing,classy posture and plush ride as is.
But again, that's just me.

cheers,

Bob
Old 05-11-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BOBSQ5
Hello Gents,
was kinda fired up about lowering, until I saw other vehicles slammed, so I cooled off. IMHO, 7 is kinda big, not-so-sporty vehicle to ride so low to the ground. I've seen a comparable in size Grand Cherokee SRT on 22s,superslammed, and it just looked to me like an elephant with donkey legs . And another air 7 module lovered. Plus I enjoy the emposing,classy posture and plush ride as is.
But again, that's just me.

cheers,

Bob
To each their own but most aren't looking to slam their car, rather to decrease the gap by 1-2". This is effectively what you've done by going with a much taller tire over stock. If a plush ride is all you wanted, the 20" wheel would have been the way to go, no?

Quick Reply: Lowering Options for Q7 4M?