Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

lowering springs/shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering springs/shocks

Does anyone know of the availability of a lowering kit for the 2017 Q7?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one. Hopefully some lowering springs are in the works because I'd love to drop my Q7 a bit. KW height adjustable springs would be ideal, but I won't be too picky.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blake P
Bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one. Hopefully some lowering springs are in the works because I'd love to drop my Q7 a bit. KW height adjustable springs would be ideal, but I won't be too picky.
I'm frequently pinging manufacturers on status. I think H&R will be first. Right now KW and ABT both have said they have no plans on supporting the steel suspension versions.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimminez
I'm frequently pinging manufacturers on status. I think H&R will be first. Right now KW and ABT both have said they have no plans on supporting the steel suspension versions.
Bummer to hear about KW, but H&R is usually pretty decent, in my experience. Last thing I want to do is ruin the fantastic ride this thing has, but the wheel gap is a little extreme for my taste. My previous Q7 had air suspension and I was able to lower it sufficiently using VCDS.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Blake P
Bummer to hear about KW, but H&R is usually pretty decent, in my experience. Last thing I want to do is ruin the fantastic ride this thing has, but the wheel gap is a little extreme for my taste. My previous Q7 had air suspension and I was able to lower it sufficiently using VCDS.
Yah, I hear you. I didn't think the premium for the air ride was worth it and figured something would be out. I'm sure in the next couple of months there will be something. I'll ping H&R again.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't gotten my Q7 yet (waiting is so hard) but was planning on getting new lower springs and agree with Martin that the premium for the air ride wasn't worth it. I see pics of european Q7's that look they have been lowered or maybe they are just putting 24" rims on and filling the gap with the lower air suspension. ;-)

I am sure kits will be out in 6-9 months. Will reach out to some tuners over in Europe and will see what I come up with. Will subscribe to this thread to follow.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you lower the ride, and it solves this problem.... a lot of us want to know exactly what you did!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ering-2921226/
Old 02-26-2018, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have personal experience with a "lowered" Audi vehicle. I made the mistake "lowering" my old S5 for the "looks" using H&R "sport springs". Let me tell you, the ride was absolute **** after that and the looks got old quickly. Never again I said, never!
Old 02-27-2018, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Word from H&R is "We will be coming out with something for the Q&, but no ETA at this time. Minimum couple months out."
Looking in to it further to see if its a plan/scheduling thing or an issue of not having a tester vehicle. If its the latter, will see what can be done.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you want a lowered Q7 then may I suggest an A7?

Quick Reply: lowering springs/shocks