Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Lowest auto loan rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204
was this directly through B of A or through the dealer? their website shows 2.74 is their lowest.
This was through their website. I'm an existing BoA customer as well, so i'm not sure if that helps/matters.

Also, I financed in November 2016.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray_QT
I have had one car financed through DCU for many years and I never had an issue with split deposits.
This is very helpful. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great Advice adamvincent!

Originally Posted by adamvincent617
And Lightstream will beat that rate by 10 basis points, so it would be 1.64% for up to 65 months. The nice thing about Lightsteam will do an unsecured loan, so you will hold title on the car from Day 1...
Adamvincent, thanks for posting this information. I just secured 1.64%, 65-month financing for my Q7 with 0 down. Here's what I did:

Applied first at Lightstream.com and was approved at 3.59% at 65 months. If you're going to follow this process with DCU, you need to make sure your loan term is identical with both lenders to qualify for the Rate Beat program at LightStream. Pretty easy process, it took all of 15 minutes.

Next, I qualified for a loan with DCU (qualification process was difficult--make sure you have last 2 years of your tax returns in PDF format to send. They keep asking for schedule A,B,C,E--it became annoying. I finally spoke to a loan officer directly and he sorted it out on the phone. If you don't ask to speak directly to a loan officer, you will get the run around from a CSR rep. DCU is a good outfit and they are meticulous. One thing to keep in mind is that you must be a DCU credit union member (easy process, just donate $5 to charity) AND to qualify for the 0.5% rate reduction you must have your employer direct deposit your paycheck into your account regularly. Otherwise, you will get a 2.24% rate. That was a deal breaker for me when they sneaked that qualifier in at the end. Otherwise, I was happy with the 1.74% rate and if lightstream balked, I would have just funded the DCU loan. Finally, you need to ask for an official approval letter via email.

Once you have the letter, simply email it to customerservice@lightstream.com and put your loan application number and "Rate Beat" in the subject line. Attach the approval letter from DCU and within 5 minutes I was approved at 1.64% for 65 months.

Lightstream will deposit the money in your account within a day or two. I was surprised that lightstream didn't balk at reducing their rate 55% from what they originally quoted me.

Again, great advice. Thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by leafnut73
Adamvincent, thanks for posting this information. I just secured 1.64%, 65-month financing for my Q7 with 0 down. Here's what I did:

Applied first at Lightstream.com and was approved at 3.59% at 65 months. If you're going to follow this process with DCU, you need to make sure your loan term is identical with both lenders to qualify for the Rate Beat program at LightStream. Pretty easy process, it took all of 15 minutes.

Next, I qualified for a loan with DCU (qualification process was difficult--make sure you have last 2 years of your tax returns in PDF format to send. They keep asking for schedule A,B,C,E--it became annoying. I finally spoke to a loan officer directly and he sorted it out on the phone. If you don't ask to speak directly to a loan officer, you will get the run around from a CSR rep. DCU is a good outfit and they are meticulous. One thing to keep in mind is that you must be a DCU credit union member (easy process, just donate $5 to charity) AND to qualify for the 0.5% rate reduction you must have your employer direct deposit your paycheck into your account regularly. Otherwise, you will get a 2.24% rate. That was a deal breaker for me when they sneaked that qualifier in at the end. Otherwise, I was happy with the 1.74% rate and if lightstream balked, I would have just funded the DCU loan. Finally, you need to ask for an official approval letter via email.

Once you have the letter, simply email it to customerservice@lightstream.com and put your loan application number and "Rate Beat" in the subject line. Attach the approval letter from DCU and within 5 minutes I was approved at 1.64% for 65 months.

Lightstream will deposit the money in your account within a day or two. I was surprised that lightstream didn't balk at reducing their rate 55% from what they originally quoted me.

Glad to hear that you had a good experience... My first Audi (2007 A4) was financed through DCU when we lived in Massachusetts, and at the time they offered the best rates even through the dealer. When I found Lightstream this time around was amazed that they would offer an unsecured loan, with no paperwork outside of a copy of a pay stub. Guess a 800+ credit score and being married to a doctor has its benefits...
Old 01-26-2017, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I asked dcu many times for an official approval letter and they kept telling me that they did not do that. Grrrrr

Originally Posted by leafnut73