Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is luxary pack worth the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is luxary pack worth the price

Hi There is a Q7 tecnik came up for sale I am considering buying. Has dynamic package, advanced driving assist. Just missing luxury package and S line. I want to know am I going to miss the luxury package. I do like the extended seat cushion. If some one know how many ways can seat be adjusted Thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogerroger60
Hi There is a Q7 tecnik came up for sale I am considering buying. Has dynamic package, advanced driving assist. Just missing luxury package and S line. I want to know am I going to miss the luxury package. I do like the extended seat cushion. If some one know how many ways can seat be adjusted Thanks
Hard to answer, the Lux package is A LOT of coin, but I do think it classes it up quite a bit. I have been driving a premium plus Q7 while my A8 is at the dealer and while I like how it drives it does seem a bit plain on the inside. I know the prestige package would help but it's still missing the much needed extra leather, plus if the massaging seats are anything like the A8s than that might be worth it.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theanimala
Hard to answer, the Lux package is A LOT of coin, but I do think it classes it up quite a bit. I have been driving a premium plus Q7 while my A8 is at the dealer and while I like how it drives it does seem a bit plain on the inside. I know the prestige package would help but it's still missing the much needed extra leather, plus if the massaging seats are anything like the A8s than that might be worth it.
I have a 17 Q7 floret silver, black interior, black alcantara headliner with everything except the $5k sound system and 21 wheels, the luxury package is worth it after changing from A8. I would give the seats a 9 out of 10 because the lack of upper back adjustment is not there that the A8 had (it was a 05 I drove from new). Poor close doors are a nice feature too.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

For the US market, $6k for the luxury package that still doesn't include a leather dash is a bit overpriced. And to make you even feel even more cheated, all US-spec cars have the panoramic roof as standard equipment, so you don't even get all that much alcantara since the retractable shade for glass roof is a plain semi-opaque fabric, and not alcantara for obvious reasons.

That said, I included this overpriced option in my build that is due to arrive within the next few weeks... because I'll take whatever I can get to class up the interior more. Perhaps Audi is wise to know there are suckers like me that will pay up for such things based on their market research, so they priced it accordingly to maximize profits.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luxury package is robbery without the leather dash but if I were to order my Q 7 I would get it for the seats with the thigh extenders.I can't put a price on the comfort a good seat offers on our long drives.