Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Luxury Package - Extended Leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Luxury Package - Extended Leather

The Luxury Package says "Extended leather package—Fine Nappa leather door armrests, lower door panels, handle pulls and center console". Where is this? When I use the build tool (audiusa site), I don't see a difference. can someone tell me / post a picture of this extended leather package?
Old 09-27-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

It’s really hard to tell on the AudiUSA’s Build configurator because the images there are heavily doctored in order to be able to show all the different options.

It’s probably not any easier when looking at the picture below of the interior of my Q7 Prestige w/ luxury package.

Rest assured, despite the fact that you still don’t get leather upper dash and upper door surfaces on the luxury package’s extended leather, you do still get a lot of leather and alcantara. Like the description says, the door handles, door armrests, center armrests, lower door surfaces/exterior of door pockets, lower dash surfaces below the wood trim, and sides of the center console tunnel, are all leather with real stitching (you might notice these on my photo). Also, the headliner is alcantara and so are the vertical surfaces of the door panel below the wood trim and above the door pockets. It is odd that Audi would make the lower door and lower dash surfaces leather yet leave the upper parts non-leather on their extended leather package. Most other manufacturers do extended leather with leather upper dash and door panels, but leave the lower stuff in cheaper plastic (which actually makes more sense since you hardly ever see or come in contact with the lower panels). But that’s Audi for you!

Old 09-27-2017, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is an improvement for sure, but it seems like for $6000 they could not skip the upper doors. I would get it if it were, say, $900. Maybe even if it were $1200.

I wonder what it costs them. Maybe $120? Hard to imagine more than $200.

That Alcantara looks very nice.

Last edited by rsilvers129; 09-27-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a real shame that $6000 package doesn't get you leather dash. It's not even a standalone option for North America. "Sad!"

Love this interior we can't have:
Old 09-27-2017, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by hk007
It's a real shame that $6000 package doesn't get you leather dash. It's not even a standalone option for North America. "Sad!"

Love this interior we can't have:
We can get it. Just add on another $23,350 on top of the luxury package for Audi Exclusive to do it.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
It is an improvement for sure, but it seems like for $6000 they could not skip the upper doors. I would get it if it were, say, $900. Maybe even if it were $1200.

I wonder what it costs them. Maybe $120? Hard to imagine more than $200.

That Alcantara looks very nice.
Well the $5500 is not just for the extended leather. Like I said, you do get a lot of alcantara, which is a premium textile, that other makes (like Porsche) are guilty of nickel and diming you for much more $$ than Audi does. You also get the 20-way “Induvidual” contour seats with massage and ventilation, which for my behind, is worth the $5500 alone. While the base seats on the Q7 are already very good, the contour seats are that much more comfortable and luxurious-feeling. I also quite like the seats’ massage functions for long trips as well as ventilation functions. To me they make it worth every penny, but YMMV.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would like side-bolsters that are settable.

I do have ventilation though with non-luxury package.

For $5500 I can buy 90 real massages.

But yeah, way better deal than Porsche or Bentley .

Last edited by rsilvers129; 09-28-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
We can get it. Just add on another $23,350 on top of the luxury package for Audi Exclusive to do it.
For price of one Honda Accord, we will wrap your dash with leather! Good deal.
The following users liked this post:
Thes6isWicked (12-15-2019)
Old 09-28-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
It’s really hard to tell on the AudiUSA’s Build configurator because the images there are heavily doctored in order to be able to show all the different options.

It’s probably not any easier when looking at the picture below of the interior of my Q7 Prestige w/ luxury package.

Rest assured, despite the fact that you still don’t get leather upper dash and upper door surfaces on the luxury package’s extended leather, you do still get a lot of leather and alcantara. Like the description says, the door handles, door armrests, center armrests, lower door surfaces/exterior of door pockets, lower dash surfaces below the wood trim, and sides of the center console tunnel, are all leather with real stitching (you might notice these on my photo). Also, the headliner is alcantara and so are the vertical surfaces of the door panel below the wood trim and above the door pockets. It is odd that Audi would make the lower door and lower dash surfaces leather yet leave the upper parts non-leather on their extended leather package. Most other manufacturers do extended leather with leather upper dash and door panels, but leave the lower stuff in cheaper plastic (which actually makes more sense since you hardly ever see or come in contact with the lower panels). But that’s Audi for you!

Thank you!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The fact is, all these options, while expensive compared to the base model of the car, are a good deal compared to a Bentley.

I know for Honda/Ford level cars, I no longer even think about it - I get every option I want - as they are pretty cheap. With Audi, I am thinking about it. I didn't get thermal vision, luxury, B&O, or chassis. Almost got chassis.

With Porsche, I would think about it a lot, as the base cars are missing stuff like backup camera and keyless ignition, and then it is double the price of the car to get the stuff it should have included.