AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Luxury Package & Massage Seat... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/luxury-package-massage-seat-2919341/)

iconoclast 04-29-2017 07:31 AM

Luxury Package & Massage Seat...

Do both front seats have the massage feature or only Driver's side? Is the massage feature on the lower seat pad in addition to the back? Is movement and intensity noticeable or is like the MB product which is barely felt?

Thanks.

Greystoke 04-29-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Do both front seats have the massage feature or only Driver's side? Is the massage feature on the lower seat pad in addition to the back? Is movement and intensity noticeable or is like the MB product which is barely felt?

Thanks.

Sounds like iconoclast has an itch he needs to scratch....the X5M not doing it for you anymore?

Grey

SYMAWD 04-29-2017 08:51 AM

Both sides, back rest only, and it is noticeable.

adewinne 04-29-2017 10:31 AM

It works well. You can adjust intensity from 1-5 and have around 6 different settings to choose from. From memory... lumbar, shoulders, pulse, stretch and I believe two others. When turn it one, it lasts for around 15 minutes and then turns off automatically. You can of course turn it back on if you want.

Andrewcg 04-29-2017 12:56 PM

I find the massage function to be so effective I remember to turn it on every drive in the same way I remember to turn off start-stop. My wife also turns it on more or less every drive.
On long drives >2 hours, I find it (subjectively) enables me to sit for longer than I otherwise would, even though the seat is already very comfortable (coming from someone with a bad back).
Definitely a feature I thought was a bit of gimmick but has turned out to be the opposite.

Lookout57 04-29-2017 02:02 PM

The Luxury seats are also much more comfortable with the adjustable thigh support and side bolsters. I wish the comfort seats were a separate option like on the A6/A7 as I didn't care about the upgraded and extended leather. I do find that I like power closing doors.

Avandss 04-29-2017 02:31 PM

can you turn on the massage feature from the mmi?
or only with the seat side button?

itiongo 04-30-2017 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Avandss (Post 24959962)
can you turn on the massage feature from the mmi?
or only with the seat side button?

Only from the side seat button.

tnedator 05-03-2017 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Andrewcg (Post 24959924)
I find the massage function to be so effective I remember to turn it on every drive in the same way I remember to turn off start-stop. My wife also turns it on more or less every drive.
On long drives >2 hours, I find it (subjectively) enables me to sit for longer than I otherwise would, even though the seat is already very comfortable (coming from someone with a bad back).
Definitely a feature I thought was a bit of gimmick but has turned out to be the opposite.

Ditto about thinking it was going to be gimmicky, but I'm putting it on for most drives. I switched my seat warmer to only be the back, and driving to work in the morning when I'm often a bit stiff, I have the seat warmer on and click the massager on.

adewinne 05-03-2017 05:41 PM

How do you make the seat warmer just warm your back vs the whole seat?