Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Luxury Package only 3,750.00 CAD in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury Package only 3,750.00 CAD in Canada

Seems Audi is making it much more reasonable in Canada, same items included.

Also, Daytona Grey exterior available in Canada!

1 - Engine > The all-new 2017 Audi Q7 > Audi Canada

(Choose Technik trim level and click on Interior selection to see pricing.

Lucky Bas***ds!

Last edited by pagla6; 02-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So interesting how they choose to merchandise by country.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Based on the recent Canadian currency exchange rate, the pricing in Canada seems like quite the deal (normally it's more expensive after converting to USD and comparing a US priced vehicle).
Old 02-08-2016, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A4rooster
Based on the recent Canadian currency exchange rate, the pricing in Canada seems like quite the deal (normally it's more expensive after converting to USD and comparing a US priced vehicle).
I was thinking the same. I priced one on the Canadian site and came up at pretty much the same price as in the US (or at least within a few grand). With the exchange rate, you'd get around 25% discount! And with the virtual cockpit, I'd think it's super easy to get miles instead of kilometers.

So, anyone has any thoughts on the feasibility to buy one in Canada and import in the US? I live within a couple of hours of Vancouver so I'm really tempted to start looking into this.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

3750 CAD is $2688.10 US.

Many on this Forum have felt that the Luxury Package is overpriced, so there is the proof.

Audi is gouging the US customers by charging more than twice fot this!

Adaptive ride is $2804 US.

My $74k US configueration is ~$61,300 US in Canada, when configuered similiarly!

Last edited by pagla6; 02-08-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by patbras
I was thinking the same. I priced one on the Canadian site and came up at pretty much the same price as in the US (or at least within a few grand). With the exchange rate, you'd get around 25% discount! And with the virtual cockpit, I'd think it's super easy to get miles instead of kilometers.

So, anyone has any thoughts on the feasibility to buy one in Canada and import in the US? I live within a couple of hours of Vancouver so I'm really tempted to start looking into this.
Same here. Quick research suggests that you'll owe 2.5% duty upon import into US, as well as local sales tax and vehicle registration fees. Looks like non-resident individuals may not be eligible for GST refund, although non-resident businesses would be. Situation could change if you take delivery in the US. Something tells me that this is not as simple as it seems, but the best bet is to contact an audi dealership in Canada and ask. I'm sure it won't be the first time they get the question.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pagla6
3750 CAD is $2688.10 US.

Many on this Forum have felt that the Luxury Package is overpriced, so there is the proof.

My $74k US configueration is ~$61,300 US in Canada, when configuered similiarly!
I have read that AoA pegs the selling price of vehicles in Canada and the US based on the Euro since it hails from Germany. Also, cars tend to be more expensive here in Canada because the market up here is just 1/10th that of the US. In other words, they don't sell that much cars up here. When the CAN$ and US$ were at par, us Canadians wonder why Audi and VW and other manufacturers are price gouging us. Now, the CAN$ is weaker than the US, the US folks think that manufacturers are price-gouging them.

So, the bottom line is blame the strength of the US$ for what seems to be high car prices in the US. If the CAN$ is much stronger, you'll realize that car prices are a deal in the US after all.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Price aside, and despite being a smaller market, Canada has a broader range of options such as s-line, etc. Lucky! ;-)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pagla6
3750 CAD is $2688.10 US.

On the issue of the Luxury Package being lower priced in Canada, it's not clear from the Audi Canada website whether the Luxury Package in Canada includes the extended leather on the doors and the center console, as well as the Alcantara headliner. It simply mentions the Valcona leather seats, massage function, and soft close doors. While I'm not arguing that the Luxury Package is a good deal in the USA, I'm just pointing out that the Canadian price may not be a good comparison.

That said, with the exchange rate differences, I do agree that a comparably equipped Q7 is about 15% less expensive in Canada.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I was recently at the 2016 Montreal Auto Show and I was talking to a person who worked for a local Mercedes-Benz dealer. She said it is very common for American people to purchase Canadian spec vehicles and import them to the US because it ends up being cheaper even after taxes. On Audi.ca , all of their models are better priced once converted. The base A3 is around $25k USD once converted from CAD. a fully loaded 2017 Q7 prestige with B&O sound, air suspension, luxury package, etc... tops out for $92k CAD... converted thats about $67k USD. crazy! plus it's an S-Line! I feel like its too good to be true!

Quick Reply: Luxury Package only 3,750.00 CAD in Canada