Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Massaging seat problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Massaging seat problem.

Oh well, here goes. First real problem with the Q. Today I noticed that the passenger seat massaging function has a 'leak'? I have almost 4000 miles and two months of owning the Q. When the passenger puts on the massage function the top or upper portion now makes a hissssssing sound. It stops as the different bladders fill but then hisses again when it goes to the top bladder. My kid loves using the function so we have been 'getting a massage' a lot. Today we both looked at each other when the hissing sound started. It's loud enough to make you not use the massage function. I know, first world problems but... still sucks.

Monday I will call the dealer and start the process on getting this fixed. I'll keep you updated if anyone cares.

If anyone has had this problem before, what/how does this get fixed?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never thought that would be an issue, but that sucks.

Have you looked closely at the seat to see if the puncture/leak isn't on the surface? I don't know how these seats are designed but while it could something internally that's leaking, but also could it be a tear on the surface that just went deep and messed something up? Basically user error?

I ask because now I'm going to be cautious about potentially popping something internally in case some clothing has a sharp button or zipper in the back pocket that would possibly cause something like this.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've only had the Q 2 months. The only passenger so far has been my 9 year old son who does not quite even come up to the top of the seat where the leak sound is coming from. No rips or other visible damage. Just an annoying hiss that started today.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Round one and not bad so far. Dropped the Q off today around 11. Got another Q7 loaner. Not loaded but still nice to get the same car on a loan. Got a call around 3. The dealer apologized for taking so long in getting back to me. (4 hours is long?) They took the seat apart and it needs a part that needs to be ordered. They should have it Thursday. Do I want to keep the loaner or pick mine up and drop it off again when the part is in. I decided to get my Q back and wait for the part to arrive. That's all I got so far. Not even starting to worry. Yet...
Old 02-21-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, sounds like they've got you covered.

This is a warranty clam, right? They're not trying to spin this as your fault or wear and tear?
Old 02-21-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smacky

This is a warranty clam, right? They're not trying to spin this as your fault or wear and tear?

Not yet... So far they have been great. Audi of Hoffman Estates. Illinois
Old 02-21-2018, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky

Every warranted part of a new vehicle undergoes wear and tear. Its customer abuse that's not covered
Old 03-11-2018, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

All is fixed with no charge and no problem!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you know how much it cost? I'd be nice to know so we can prepare for a non-warranty bill.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

The paperwork just said no charge...

Quick Reply: Massaging seat problem.