Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Minor annoyances and "did they really?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
so you cant see the box that pops up in the IP that says 'steering wheel heating off/on' ?
Yes, but if you get in the car, you don't know if you left it on until you wait to feel if it gets hot. Or you have to toggle the button and watch the popup box. Would be nice if there were a little LED pilot light in the steering wheel switch.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I get the cup holders. Germans dont drink in the car.

But how about the arm rest tiny storage? My wife opened it for the first time, and couldnt believe there was no storage! Amazing.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Yes, but if you get in the car, you don't know if you left it on until you wait to feel if it gets hot. Or you have to toggle the button and watch the popup box. Would be nice if there were a little LED pilot light in the steering wheel switch.
Do you have any idea how much an LED light costs!? A lot, which is probably why they also left the turn signal and wiper stalks in the dark!
Old 12-24-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Do you have any idea how much an LED light costs!? A lot, which is probably why they also left the turn signal and wiper stalks in the dark!
This is another wtf. Also the ACC stalk is only illuminated when in the ON position. If pushed back all the way, its dark. I thought mine stopped illuminating. Another wtf
Old 12-24-2017, 06:49 AM
Banned

I am surprised no one has mentioned the radio volume going up and down by itself.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg in JaxFl
I am surprised no one has mentioned the radio volume going up and down by itself.

In the Sound settings in the MMI:

Uncheck the box.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta

Why is the hatch latch so frickin' loud? Sounds like something popped and broke
I had to take mine into the shop because something was "clunking" around by the rear latch. They said a weld broke and was causing that and had to be repaired. I am concerned its tied to that rear latch which is super loud, as you pointed out. Something isn't right back there.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
so you cant see the box that pops up in the IP that says 'steering wheel heating off/on' ?
I do, but at after long drive, it would be useful if there was a simple LED to indicate if its on/off. Its more distracting to toggle the switch and then see what pops up on the screen (on/off).
Old 12-24-2017, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
This is another wtf. Also the ACC stalk is only illuminated when in the ON position. If pushed back all the way, its dark. I thought mine stopped illuminating. Another wtf
I would have loved it, if Audi had enabled the ability to switch on/off illumination on the different steering wheel stalks. Why just illuminate the ACC stalk, when you could do the same for all three stalks? Steering wheel would have looked like a little Christmas tree
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Another annoyance
Any time one of the kids gets out of the second row, the left and right rear seat belt gets stuck between the seat and C Pillars and rattles away until you get out and fix it. This is so annoying in an otherwise quiet car, especially since you only notice this once you start driving away again

Quick Reply: Minor annoyances and "did they really?"