Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Minor annoyances and "did they really?"

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Another annoyance
Any time one of the kids gets out of the second row, the left and right rear seat belt gets stuck between the seat and C Pillars and rattles away until you get out and fix it. This is so annoying in an otherwise quiet car, especially since you only notice this once you start driving away again
Mine constantly rattle against the C pillars, there’s a place to put them where they don’t rattle? My 3rd row has never been used, I have been dealing with this from day one.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Germans may not drink in the car and most of Europe doesn’t understand “ice water” but this ‘merican would like cooled/heated cup holders, please!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Overall, very satisfied with the vehicle. When I look back at some of the features from my BMW, I do realize that the BMW engineers do put a lot of thought into the overall interior layout, feel, convenience and ambiance. However, the competition has begin to catch up over the years and BMW is beginning to fall back in certain areas or losing focus by trying to overcompensate in order to be the ultimate driving machine.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another annoyance
Any time one of the kids gets out of the second row, the left and right rear seat belt gets stuck between the seat and C Pillars and rattles away until you get out and fix it. This is so annoying in an otherwise quiet car, especially since you only notice this once you start driving away again
+1.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. However for my Q7, it only happens for the rear passenger side.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sr007
Overall, very satisfied with the vehicle. When I look back at some of the features from my BMW, I do realize that the BMW engineers do put a lot of thought into the overall interior layout, feel, convenience and ambiance. However, the competition has begin to catch up over the years and BMW is beginning to fall back in certain areas or losing focus by trying to overcompensate in order to be the ultimate driving machine.
I'm a long time BMW owner, and they are focusing on a lot of other features to appeal to the mass market. There are really only a very few models that are truly built as the ultimate driving machine
Old 02-10-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by discogone
+1.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. However for my Q7, it only happens for the rear passenger side.
I think this has something to do with the seat position too. In some positions the belt sticks, in others it glides right back. Will have to test
Old 02-10-2018, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Eppieguy

Mine constantly rattle against the C pillars, there’s a place to put them where they don’t rattle? My 3rd row has never been used, I have been dealing with this from day one.
Yes, basically you adjust the belt so that it just hangs flat and the buckle is resting on the belt. Its a quick fix, but to do this every time because the belt buckle gets trapped between the C and the seat is terrible. Same happens in my 5 series between the front passenger and B pillar
Old 02-10-2018, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate that when listening to Spotify via Android Auto and I push the **** down to turn it off to talk to someone outside the car, it radio will turn on after about 30 seconds. Every damn time. Not pressing any buttons, but just muting the music I'm streaming, and within a minute, it will turn the audio back on and on to the radio station someone else was listening to before.

I don't care much for the Virtual Cockpit either. The Earth map doesn't get used too often since I usually do navigation from my phone via Android Auto, and that doesn't bring up the map in the VC. The menus are nice but I can't use them safely while driving. I don't see too much of a difference from the COMAND system and digital dash on our W222.

I'm still not happy with the windshield washer nozzles on either the front or the back. The rear is the worst and I never see the spraying area when I push the stalk back. I have to stare out the rearview mirror for a few seconds and just see some fluid getting smeared in the back as the wiper wipes it away. I never know if I've used enough to properly clean the rear window. And the front is OK, but it does smudge the road salt a bit and streak, especially at night and when there's a good bit of oncoming traffic to create a glare with the headlights.

I really had to think a bit to find what I didn't like, but between the Lexuses, MB, and BMWs we've owned, the Audi is just designed completely differently to perform some otherwise simple tasks.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by smacky
I hate that when listening to Spotify via Android Auto and I push the **** down to turn it off to talk to someone outside the car, it radio will turn on after about 30 seconds. Every damn time. Not pressing any buttons, but just muting the music I'm streaming, and within a minute, it will turn the audio back on and on to the radio station someone else was listening to before.

I don't care much for the Virtual Cockpit either. The Earth map doesn't get used too often since I usually do navigation from my phone via Android Auto, and that doesn't bring up the map in the VC. The menus are nice but I can't use them safely while driving. I don't see too much of a difference from the COMAND system and digital dash on our W222.

I'm still not happy with the windshield washer nozzles on either the front or the back. The rear is the worst and I never see the spraying area when I push the stalk back. I have to stare out the rearview mirror for a few seconds and just see some fluid getting smeared in the back as the wiper wipes it away. I never know if I've used enough to properly clean the rear window. And the front is OK, but it does smudge the road salt a bit and streak, especially at night and when there's a good bit of oncoming traffic to create a glare with the headlights.

I really had to think a bit to find what I didn't like, but between the Lexuses, MB, and BMWs we've owned, the Audi is just designed completely differently to perform some otherwise simple tasks.
Having all three at home, I agree Audi is very different, but so is BMW from MB. MB is the one where all necessary things dont need much input, they just come on. BMW needs a bit more input, and Audi even more so
Old 02-11-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having all three at home, I agree Audi is very different, but so is BMW from MB. MB is the one where all necessary things dont need much input, they just come on. BMW needs a bit more input, and Audi even more so

My one qualm with BMW, at least the 2008 and 2011 MYs we have, is that rain sensors need to be turned on manually. So if you think it's going to rain, you press the button on the stalk and then just wait for the rain to come and the wipers going off. On MB and Audi and Lexus, you just leave the stalk in the auto position and carry on.

Quick Reply: Minor annoyances and "did they really?"