Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

MMI connect and ios11

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
Damn. My first car with carplay and it should be here next month, and now it sounds like it's broken.
If its any consolation car play is broken (perhaps not as badly) in iOS 10 too, although by broken I really just means fills the space between underwhelming, useless and sucks.

I was excited about it before I got it, used it for a day or two and quickly gave up on it.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I loved it during the 20 minutes or so test driving. I listen to podcasts and use Pandora. Text to speech for messages will be nice too. I'll have to play more with apple maps vs the MMI nav to see which is better for my area.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I loved it during the 20 minutes or so test driving. I listen to podcasts and use Pandora. Text to speech for messages will be nice too. I'll have to play more with apple maps vs the MMI nav to see which is better for my area.
Apple maps is the worst GPS i've ever used by a country mile. Doesn't remember any settings I give it, gives bad directions, the cursor sometimes just floats around the map. Just deplorable. I attempt to retry it occasionally....nope no good. I'm starting to think I'll have better luck touching a hot stove.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know, I've had pretty good luck with it where I live and you're only a few hours away.

I have a work cell phone and only a 2GB data limit (no bill so yay) so I'm one of the few that will be using the Audi connect and plus stuff. So if I like the MMI nav, then I won't have to worry about losing it after 6 months. Keeping those two subscriptions will still be cheaper than a personal cell phone bill so I'm cool with that.

A good reason I bought this car was all the connected technology, so I look forward to all that stuff. Locking your car doors from your phone, how cool is that?

I didn't mean to detour this thread.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't know, I've had pretty good luck with it where I live and you're only a few hours away.

I have a work cell phone and only a 2GB data limit (no bill so yay) so I'm one of the few that will be using the Audi connect and plus stuff. So if I like the MMI nav, then I won't have to worry about losing it after 6 months. Keeping those two subscriptions will still be cheaper than a personal cell phone bill so I'm cool with that.

A good reason I bought this car was all the connected technology, so I look forward to all that stuff. Locking your car doors from your phone, how cool is that?

I didn't mean to detour this thread.
No prob. and I don't mean to be a debbie downer, I've just gotten more and more frustrated with my iphone over the years. Also I did the unlocking thing via the app once for a novelty, worked fine, but the 2 times I actually wanted to use it no beuno (I think both were at the gym and my keys were in my locker). I like the car overall, but some of these technology things that don't work right bug me, probably because I work in technology and can't fathom how they can't be solved with a dozen lines of computer code (well some things, other things like the apple maps, competitors work flawlessly so I don't understand how that can be so bad, if my iphone could shuffle music properly and had a good gps on it, I would probably like carplay, but it can't do either.).
Old 10-10-2017, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured i'd post here instead of making a new thread.

Anyone find a solution for this issue yet? I tried deleting apps and re-downloading.
I am having the problem with Spotify app as well as Podcast. The song title's and art are not updating on the MMI, and this used to work flawlessly.
The problem started as soon as I updated my phone to IOS 11.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm still about a month away from getting my Q7. I will be troubleshooting the crap out of this and come back with what I find if no one else has the solution before then.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedQuattr0
Figured i'd post here instead of making a new thread.

Anyone find a solution for this issue yet? I tried deleting apps and re-downloading.
I am having the problem with Spotify app as well as Podcast. The song title's and art are not updating on the MMI, and this used to work flawlessly.
The problem started as soon as I updated my phone to IOS 11.
Same here. The title is always correct on the dashboard, but not on the MMI. Frustrating. And I'm still plagued by bluetooth connectivity issues (dropping out for a split second then seeming to run at double speed for a second).

This damn thing is intolerable.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

There was an MMI app update for the iPhone about four days ago. Are you using that version? 2.8.8 I believe is the latest.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There was an MMI app update for the iPhone about four days ago. Are you using that version? 2.8.8 I believe is the latest.
Must one go to the dealer to get the MMI updated?

Quick Reply: MMI connect and ios11