Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Can I order a Q7 Prem Only?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can I order a Q7 Prem Only?

I'm only interested in Q7 PREM w 19" wheels. However its hard to do any searching since Audi makes you put in your zip code. Went to my local dealer, they're only interested in selling me what's on their lot.

Questions:

Can I negotiate 5% off MSRP for a new order? If the build is 51k, then can I get about $3k off if I'm willing to shop?
Is there a way to do a nationwide inventory search?
Can I place an order for a new build? If so how long does it take? Can I call around to dealers that have an allocation further along vs. starting from scratch?

I'm also researching the 2.0 vs. 3.0. Will schedule a test drive this week to compare.

Last edited by A42B; 12-18-2017 at 07:20 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-18-2017, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

*Please add your location to your profile, I suppose you are in the US...

Can I negotiate 5% off MSRP for a new order? If the build is 51k, then can I get about $3k off if I'm willing to shop?
Yes, you can get 5-6% off on a build.

I assume it's USA? No, you have to do one by one, it's actually easy if you limit yourself to a state, I did that when I was hunting for mine. You can't do whole nation and I suppose dealers can't do it as easily either since some of them gave me a lot of fuss about how hard it is to locate one etc....

Can I place an order for a new build? If so how long does it take? Can I call around to dealers that have an allocation further along vs. starting from scratch?
You would need to allow 3-4 months, some people get theirs in a shy of 3 months, others longer 4-5 months, depending on build. For some reason BOP seems to delay some of the orders, but you don't have to worry about that since you can't get BOP in Premium.

There were a lot of 2.0 Premium Pluses and 3.0 Premiums in lots around where I live, I think you should be able to find one that fits your needs, after all there aren't a lot of options on Premium model, and if you find one that has stuff you don't need, just negotiate those off, and pick one up before end of the year best deals. Good luck.
​​​​​​​
Old 12-19-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I think there are no issues getting 5% off these days. Yours may have to be a special order because dealers generally order theirs with some options to boost MSRP, but there may be some out there. Go to a dealer and sit with the guy and ask him to search inventory everywhere and they can most likely locate one. Then talk price.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by A42B
I'm only interested in Q7 PREM w 19" wheels. However its hard to do any searching since Audi makes you put in your zip code. Went to my local dealer, they're only interested in selling me what's on their lot.

Questions:

I'm also researching the 2.0 vs. 3.0. Will schedule a test drive this week to compare.
19's are standard on 3.0 Premium, $1000 option on 2.0 Premium

If you build the car on the site, and enter your zip, you can search inventory. Dealers can search nationwide. A few $51k 2.0 Q7's exist - 6 of them between $50875 and $52010 nationwide. Most dealers will be unwilling to trade ones they have on hand - and no dealer is likely to have more than 1. The higher up in spec you go, the easier things can become

Last edited by SCarGuy; 12-19-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I used AutoTrader. We were looking for a lux and adaptive chassis package with no BO sound and no night vision. We first were deadset on Orca Black on Black but it appears none exist on the lots of dealerships. We found a Glacier on Cedar that still met those criteria and fell in love with it and purchased it instead.

AutoTrader helped a good bit. You can also ask some sales people to do a lookup based on your criteria and send you a list of all cars in the US that match that description. They may be on the other side of the country, but you even said you were limited by zip code so I'm assuming you're open to either going and getting it or paying shipping for it.

AutoTrader is a good place to start. Note the VIN and start sending them to salespeople all over and asking if they're available (some custom built cars already reserved by owners months ago still show up in the results) and then go from there.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

For inventory search, I used cars.com , Once I would narrow it down, I would look for information such as zip codes of the dealers and then switch to audi website and do search inventory there based on zip codes. A lot of leg work, but I haven't really found an easier way to do it. Also, one thing I found out is that a lot of higher priced vehicles listed are build to order, and even though they are listed on the sites, they are already sold. Since that was my target, I ended up ordering a build anyway, so I guess I should consider all my search efforts a waste of time .
Old 12-21-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys. Yes, Audi does make this very difficult. I'm assuming on purpose, as dealers want buyers in their local market not jumping to other dealers. I'm getting 10% off MSRP if I buy by the end of the month. So as long as they can sharpen their pencil on the trade in a bit, I'll just pick it up tomorrow vs. waiting for 4 months.

I think I'm about to strike a deal on a local Q7 that's on the lot. Its the 3.0 Premium w 20's no other options. Decided the 2.0 just doesnt fit the character of a luxury SUV, plus I'll likely recapture a big % of the difference in resale value down the road.

I'm pretty happy with how Audi packages the Q7. The Premium checked all the must have options. The only must have in addition to Premium would be cooled seats. I can pass on NAV (use Waze) and Apple Car Play (kinda sucks IMO), and all the monitoring and alerts I dont want to pay for.

So its white w the brown interior with wood.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by A42B
Thanks guys. Yes, Audi does make this very difficult. I'm assuming on purpose, as dealers want buyers in their local market not jumping to other dealers. I'm getting 10% off MSRP if I buy by the end of the month. So as long as they can sharpen their pencil on the trade in a bit, I'll just pick it up tomorrow vs. waiting for 4 months.

I think I'm about to strike a deal on a local Q7 that's on the lot. Its the 3.0 Premium w 20's no other options. Decided the 2.0 just doesnt fit the character of a luxury SUV, plus I'll likely recapture a big % of the difference in resale value down the road.

I'm pretty happy with how Audi packages the Q7. The Premium checked all the must have options. The only must have in addition to Premium would be cooled seats. I can pass on NAV (use Waze) and Apple Car Play (kinda sucks IMO), and all the monitoring and alerts I dont want to pay for.

So its white w the brown interior with wood.
So what is the MSRP on this?