Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

My New 2017 Q7 experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think that this new rear wheel steering might have a bug or two to work out.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JZK26
Car is 1 week old with ~200 miles on it. Since I picked it up, it veers to the right when steering wheel is held straight. When not held, steering wheel rebalances to slightly-left of center, and the car still veers to the right (although much less). Took to dealer. They spoke with Audi corporate and aligned the wheels as per their guidance. Showed me alignment results that wheels are now aligned. Car still veers. Taking it back this weekend. Sigh.
My Q7 steering wheel is VERY slightly off center - service told me that it probably needed alignment and that they would call Audi to get the specs. The service manager told them NOT to call Audi but wait instead for the official specs that they get (I guess to use their computers) and do it then. The car drives straight, it's just that the steering wheel isn't centered - no big deal.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be if you have a flat bottomed steering wheel!
Have Audi US & UK had an invitation to join the forum. I would have thought it would be beneficial for them to interact with their customers. Not just to take the flack but also take a great deal of appreciation when deserved.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car is back with the dealer now. Currently enjoying a 2017 Q7 loaner with a steering wheel that is dead center and that drives perfectly straight.
On a side note, the fact that my car veers gave me the (unfortunate) opportunity to test the lane assist. It is not working. Dealer will have a look.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is an amazing car and a great ride. I love it. Only wish it didn't have these problems that almost take the fun out of it.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JZK26
Car is back with the dealer now. Currently enjoying a 2017 Q7 loaner with a steering wheel that is dead center and that drives perfectly straight.
On a side note, the fact that my car veers gave me the (unfortunate) opportunity to test the lane assist. It is not working. Dealer will have a look.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is an amazing car and a great ride. I love it. Only wish it didn't have these problems that almost take the fun out of it.
Here is the results form a 2 hour trip today. Very pleased.
Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2016, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter4
Have you checked the real gas mileage yet? On my car the computer was showing about 3 mpg better than the real mileage that I checked after a fill-up. I treat the car computer as a high estimate.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^^ I agree, I use the cars computer for MPG for simplicity but in general they are always high estimates and don't give true MPG numbers compared to hand calculating.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Walter4
That's very impressive. I haven't done that well. Was it flat? Did you use cruise control?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by baltfan
That's very impressive. I haven't done that well. Was it flat? Did you use cruise control?
It is not that hilly in Wisconsin. I did use cruise maybe 30% of the time. And I had a good tail wind. Speed was between 65-80 for most of it.

Some day I will confirm the MPG with a calculator at fill up.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Go get em' JZK26. We're pulling for ya!

Quick Reply: My New 2017 Q7 experience