Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My New 2017 Q7 experience

Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by baltfan View Post
Here are some pics. Exterior looks better in person.

Very nice! The Glacier White was my 2nd choice with Graphite Gray being my 1st choice - I had the former on my S6. I lucked out when the 1st Q7 in the KC area rolled off the truck in Graphite, I knew I had have it. Hope you're enjoying your Q as much as I am; the ride is pretty incredible.
Z
Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

One more thing. If you are thinking that you will use the Traffic Jam Assist or Adaptive Cruise Control often, I highly recommend the Head's Up Display. Being able to always see that your car is locked into the one in front of you is very comforting. I use both all of the time and am very satisfied with them.

If, as I suspect, it only shows up on the dash if you don't have a HUD, it would not be near as easy to use.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Many thanks Baltfan, you have been extremely helpful. I am still waiting for my dealer in Northern NJ to get his first Q7's so I can take a test drive for myself.

You got a beautiful car. Enjoy it!

Paul
Old 01-13-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Addendum

I will add periodically to this thread. I know when I was shopping there were lots of questions that I had that were tough to get answers to because there were no cars to test drive. In addition, sometimes with test drives you don't think of things or get enough time to experience things.

Today I loaded the family skis in the car. My 163 cm skis easily fit diagonally in the back with the seats all the way back. You get a little extra space because of the gap between the door and the seats. Definitely believe you could fit 170 cm skis but probably have to slide the second row up. Our prior car was a 2006 Honda Pilot. The skis fit better in the new Q7.

Also, so far gas mileage has been mediocre. I have done some pretty heavy city driving. Lots of stop and go traffic during rush hour. Getting 17-18 mpg. Avg. speed 20mph according to the navigation. Haven't had a highway trip and engine isn't broken in.

The MMI hiccupped the other day when it was cold outside. It rebooted and fixed itself. Generally have had no issues with it.

On the whole, extremely happy with the car.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Baltfan - Congratulations on your car. Thanks for all of the info and pictures you have provided, although seeing and hearing everything, it's making it harder to be patient. Hopefully, my car will arrive soon enough. It was built on December 19 but hasn't been listed as being shipped yet - the projected arrival is February 2016, but until it gets loaded onto a ship, won't have a true expected date. Do have a VIN though, so I suppose that's something :-).
Old 01-13-2016, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Baltfan - Congratulations on your car. Thanks for all of the info and pictures you have provided, although seeing and hearing everything, it's making it harder to be patient. Hopefully, my car will arrive soon enough. It was built on December 19 but hasn't been listed as being shipped yet - the projected arrival is February 2016, but until it gets loaded onto a ship, won't have a true expected date. Do have a VIN though, so I suppose that's something :-).
I had originally ordered but found one on the lot that was close. Couldn't wait anymore.

As you said, the good news is that the car is excellent. I watched tons of videos and read tons of reviews. Honestly, I am happier than I thought I would be. For my family of 4, this was by far the best option.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Does anyone know how long it typically takes once its on a ship until it gets to port in the US? Where is port by the way?
Old 01-13-2016, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

The East Coast port is in Davisville RI; not sure about the others. It typically takes 10-11 days to cross the ocean plus time in port for customs, prep, accessories, etc. My dealer is in Massachusetts south of Boston - probably an hour or so away and the time the vehicle sits at port is typically 2-3 days after ship arrives.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thank you for that...helps to set expectations..I'm North of Boston.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but FYI on the new Q7 audi connect stuff... ours wouldn't work, dealer needed to do a software update, said it was a "known issue". So, may or may not apply to anyone else, but was an issue for us. We grabbed ours and bolted from the dealership, so they didn't really have a chance to set everything up at delivery, which is why we found out a few days later that something was wrong.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New 2017 Q7 experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: