Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

My New 2017 Q7 experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CiscoS4
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but FYI on the new Q7 audi connect stuff... ours wouldn't work, dealer needed to do a software update, said it was a "known issue".
I think this would deserve its own thread. Also, could you post the version number of your updated software? Very useful info when someone is trying to check on an update. Thank you for letting us know about this.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
I think this would deserve its own thread. Also, could you post the version number of your updated software? Very useful info when someone is trying to check on an update. Thank you for letting us know about this.
This is good to know. I started to set Audi connect up and there didn't appear to be a place to put the pin in. I sort of abandoned it. I will try again and see if I need an update.

In the meantime please post your software version.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone have a picture of a Glacier White with Brown interior by chance?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
Does anyone have a picture of a Glacier White with Brown interior by chance?
Look in this thread. That is my color combination. There are pics on the second or third page.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update.

First true highway driving today. Averaged 26.4 mpg. Was raining reasonably hard but adaptive cruise control still worked like a champ. Very impressive.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by baltfan
Update.

First true highway driving today. Averaged 26.4 mpg. Was raining reasonably hard but adaptive cruise control still worked like a champ. Very impressive.
wow that beats my XC90 which has been around 24
Old 01-15-2016, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Can you honestly tell me how the ride and traction is with those runflat tires?? I really despise and loathe runflats for a very long time. We leased a 2015 BMW X5d and the michelin run flats were so pathetic in the snow compared to the 2013 Ml350 with the exact same tire size and loading and same Michelin Latitude Tour HP all season tires. The only difference was ML350 was nonrunflat and the X5 had the runflat sidewalls. The X5 slipped and slide like a skater on ice and couldn't climb the simple 40 degree grade driveway and took 4 tries to get it up to speed to get up the driveway in 6 inch of snow. So pathetic until i switched out the "RUNCRAPS" for amazing Michelin Primacy LTX tires nonrunflat 19 inch rims and that X5 drove like a tank in the snow. As good as my 2016 Audi A7 with 19 inch Blizzaks LM32 tires!!!!

Hence my point is that tires are a huge thing as to how a car or suv will ride, feel or grab the road (snow or rain). Audi's move to runflat on the Q7 is so dumb and a bit shortsighted to just save few lbs of weight. Runfalts are so harsh and heavy about 10 lbs more then the nonrunflat counterpart! Heck a damn simple spare is only 30 lbs!! SO really you are not saving weight! You are causing more headache for not having a spare. My X5d I order from factory was with optional spare tire/wheel in the cargo hold below the main cabin so its perfect but the Q7 you can't do it! I know from experience with 28k miles of driving a year, I get a flat approx 1 time every 5 years. I dont think runflats are a economical wise decision. They hamper the car handling and make it unnatural. I will ditch those runflats if I get the new Q7 at the end of my BMW lease. The X5 rides so smooth, quieter and had far better traction on the regular tires. I hope the Q7 does the same.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by baltfan
Look in this thread. That is my color combination. There are pics on the second or third page.
Baltfan, thank you. I missed that earlier. I am wondering if it seems "too brown" to you? I just can't get that image the right way in my head yet I think. Obviously you love it or you would not have bought it that way

Also does anyone think the brown will hurt resale value?

Thanks all. Struggling to find one for sale with the options I want.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
Baltfan, thank you. I missed that earlier. I am wondering if it seems "too brown" to you? I just can't get that image the right way in my head yet I think. Obviously you love it or you would not have bought it that way

Also does anyone think the brown will hurt resale value?

Thanks all. Struggling to find one for sale with the options I want.
I have zero concerns that this will hurt resale value. No one that gets in my car thinks that it looks anything but high end. Take a look at high end cars like a Bentley or high end sports cars. Brown is a common interior color. Black was too hot for me. Gray is too common.

Just get the black headliner if you do it. Looks better. Also the brown is darker than it shows up in pictures. Richer looking. Don't hesitate.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Can you honestly tell me how the ride and traction is with those runflat tires?? I really despise and loathe runflats for a very long time. We leased a 2015 BMW X5d and the michelin run flats were so pathetic in the snow compared to the 2013 Ml350 with the exact same tire size and loading and same Michelin Latitude Tour HP all season tires. The only difference was ML350 was nonrunflat and the X5 had the runflat sidewalls. The X5 slipped and slide like a skater on ice and couldn't climb the simple 40 degree grade driveway and took 4 tries to get it up to speed to get up the driveway in 6 inch of snow. So pathetic until i switched out the "RUNCRAPS" for amazing Michelin Primacy LTX tires nonrunflat 19 inch rims and that X5 drove like a tank in the snow. As good as my 2016 Audi A7 with 19 inch Blizzaks LM32 tires!!!!

Hence my point is that tires are a huge thing as to how a car or suv will ride, feel or grab the road (snow or rain). Audi's move to runflat on the Q7 is so dumb and a bit shortsighted to just save few lbs of weight. Runfalts are so harsh and heavy about 10 lbs more then the nonrunflat counterpart! Heck a damn simple spare is only 30 lbs!! SO really you are not saving weight! You are causing more headache for not having a spare. My X5d I order from factory was with optional spare tire/wheel in the cargo hold below the main cabin so its perfect but the Q7 you can't do it! I know from experience with 28k miles of driving a year, I get a flat approx 1 time every 5 years. I dont think runflats are a economical wise decision. They hamper the car handling and make it unnatural. I will ditch those runflats if I get the new Q7 at the end of my BMW lease. The X5 rides so smooth, quieter and had far better traction on the regular tires. I hope the Q7 does the same.
I have had zero grip issues. Car and Driver tested the 20 inch runflats and they were .85g's on the skidpad, an excellent result. The ride is silky smooth and quiet. Potholes are not jarring That is with the 20 inch All-seasons with the Prestige package and air suspension.
Here is the C&D test sheet.
http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...2017audiq7.pdf

Last edited by baltfan; 01-19-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Quick Reply: My New 2017 Q7 experience