Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is the MY2020 worth waiting for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
I see it differently - if you are keeping for 8-10 years, I am not sure how much the 2019 vs 2020 refreshed model is going to matter when it comes to resale
It absolutely does matter. The refresh model will be newer by 4 years, and different from the current one. When all are trending in the touch direction, having the newer tech will matter
Old 02-11-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, in recent tests Car & Driver preferred the responsiveness of the supercharged engine in the Q7 to the turbo in the Q8 ("the turbo V-6 is less engaging, and it's also more laggy off the line in routine, day-to-day driving".
Old 02-11-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
There will still be a price difference 8-20 yrs down the road. The tech of a 2020 will be 4-5 yrs newer then a Q7 one yr older.

I for one don't see the benefit of most autonomous features. Does no one want to drive their own vehicle anymore?
As a car guy and not just a car enthusiast thoughts of fully autonomous vehicles driving everyone around make me want to cry.
For sure I do like driving on my own when roads are empty and I can actually drive but many times especially during commute, I would rather have the car do the boring task of driving at traffic which usually involves following the car in front of you at 20-30mph and instead enjoy drinking my coffee, the massage seat, music etc.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral
For sure I do like driving on my own when roads are empty and I can actually drive but many times especially during commute, I would rather have the car do the boring task of driving at traffic which usually involves following the car in front of you at 20-30mph and instead enjoy drinking my coffee, the massage seat, music etc.
Pass. That’s called public transportation where I’m from and it’s cheaper and leaves less of a foot print per person then any autonomous vehicle. Especially if the public transit itself is green. Don’t clog up our roads with people who want to sit in their car and drink coffee.

Last edited by Audirings4; 02-12-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Pass. That’s called public transportation where I’m from and it’s cheaper and leaves less of a foot print per person then any autonomous vehicle. Especially if the public transit itself is green. Don’t clog up our roads with people who want to sit in their car and drink coffee.
What an ignorant response, public transportation is simply infeasible (for a variety of reasons) for most people in the US. Besides if you actually cared about the environment I'd argue you should live in a place where you an actually take care of it (which by the by would not be a city or any place where public transportation was available).
Old 02-12-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

^^ This is an ridiculous statement, especially coming from someone living in Chicago suburbs. I live in NYC, which has the (arguably) best public transportation system in the country. You still have to contend with peak time overcrowding, angry commuters, crumbling infrastructure, bums on subways/buses, frequent change of service / cancellations etc etc. If Manhattan parking wasn't a constant problem and garage did not cost $$$ every time, I would drive in to work every day.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was expecting this response and actually was thinking about adding why this is not an option for me. My commute takes 30 minutes including dropping of my kid each way, when there is a public transit option that allows me to do that in 45 minutes (I am OK with spending some extra time) with comfortable cabins I will consider it. We have company shuttles in my area which provides somewhat comfortable seats but it takes ~60 minutes each way including time to walk, actual public transit takes about ~75 minutes and in both cases someone else would have to drop my kid to school. I am not willing to spend additional hour every day just for taking public transit. I used to do it before having kids but not anymore.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
I am currently starting to shop for a 3 row SUV and the Q7 is the top contender currently.

I have a Q5 which I am very happy with.

I reached out to the dealer I purchased my current audi from, they offered 10% off anything in stock in my first contact with them.

So the question is: is it worth waiting and paying more for the new refresh with MMI touch response(new styling, new options) or get a current gen.

With the discounts I could get a 2019 prestige or a 2020 P+ most likely.

Plan is to keep the Q7 for 100k miles at least.

I know that around May, the order sheets and information for My 2020 will be out.

Current plan was to wait until the order sheets are out to start making final decisions.
I'm curious, how do you know that the order sheets will be out in May -- won't we suspect it could be a lot later given this is a refresh?

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...o-132281.html#
Old 02-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Never Follows

Originally Posted by Brimstone
What an ignorant response, public transportation is simply infeasible (for a variety of reasons) for most people in the US. Besides if you actually cared about the environment I'd argue you should live in a place where you an actually take care of it (which by the by would not be a city or any place where public transportation was available).
Ignorant is calling someone names when you don’t have an intelligent response.
I care about the environment but not enough to give up my freedoms of driving a combustion engine.
True if I was an extremist I’d live off the grid but I’m not a radical environmentalist nor do I care about owning a fully autonomous electric vehicles.
Now that we’ve established what I didn’t say...
Old 02-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Never Follows

Originally Posted by dohturdima
^^ This is an ridiculous statement, especially coming from someone living in Chicago suburbs. I live in NYC, which has the (arguably) best public transportation system in the country. You still have to contend with peak time overcrowding, angry commuters, crumbling infrastructure, bums on subways/buses, frequent change of service / cancellations etc etc. If Manhattan parking wasn't a constant problem and garage did not cost $$$ every time, I would drive in to work every day.
“If” like “if” the world was flat. Yeah sometimes I wonder “if” I could fly.
Now back to reality.

Last edited by Audirings4; 02-13-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: mobile faux pas

Quick Reply: Is the MY2020 worth waiting for?