Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New 2019 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
Looks great. But your pictures reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. How come newer cars, especially expensive luxury brands like ours, come with those dinky tire valve caps? And why are they green?

We've purchased our Q7 and an E400 Cab in the last year and they both come with those cheap, plastic caps that are green, whereas our cars, also BMW and MB, came with more premium-feeling caps. And they weren't green.

Is it some sort of regulation thing that they need to be green? Is it a money thing that they aren't something that feels a bit more solid, or even metal?
I noticed those as well...I thought the green caps were temps and to be replaced during PDI.
Ours came with nice large caps with the blue/white nitrogen symbol on top.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. But your pictures reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. How come newer cars, especially expensive luxury brands like ours, come with those dinky tire valve caps? And why are they green?

We've purchased our Q7 and an E400 Cab in the last year and they both come with those cheap, plastic caps that are green, whereas our cars, also BMW and MB, came with more premium-feeling caps. And they weren't green.

Is it some sort of regulation thing that they need to be green? Is it a money thing that they aren't something that feels a bit more solid, or even metal?
Probably so we go buy the $40 set in the parts department!?
Old 03-12-2019, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Green caps mean the tire is filled with nitrogen. $$$$ Green