Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New emissions cheat device discovered

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this turns out to be nothing. I just went thru the VW TDI Dieselgate. We bought two of the "Clean" TDI cars, thinking since, we had to have the diesel trucks for Ranch use, the least we could do is drive environmentally friendly cars whenever a truck wasn't needed. It turns out we were tricked. I don't like the way we have been treated during the process of the buy back.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by the_duke
This is ridiculous. This entire issue is based on information from a German newspaper that doesn't even site the source of their information. How do you sue someone for something that hasn't been proven to exist? When will people learn you can't believe everything you read on the internet? And you certainly can't believe anything reported in the news without first doing research to find out if it's true.
The two new articles below have basically the same information. The Wall Street Journal article requires subscription. The New York Times articles specifically mentioned the new Q7 with the gasoline engine manufactured through May. The manufacture date for my Q7 is May. The new cheat device is for CO2 emissions. Not sure what it all means for my car.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/bu...l?ref=business

VW, Audi Confirm Investigation Into Carbon Dioxide Levels in Some Audi Cars - WSJ
Old 11-14-2016, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

i wonder how this gonna affect the Q7 I'm having built? Will it change the miles per gallon, depreciate the vehicle ? I'm sure my salesman is gonna say no. What to do, what to do. And this was gonna be my first Audi.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Chances are that if your Q7 is being built it will not leave the factory with the cheat software in question operating. That said, the stigma associated with what is being posted in the media doesn't help. The Q7 your getting is an awesome vechicle but under the circumstances I might want to investigate options for canceling your order with the dealer just in case. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I took delivery of my Q7 on June 22, I think it got to port on June 14th. So, that means it was made in May! Please don't let mine be affected! I don't want to regret my purchase, AGAIN!
Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was completed on May 19th. What is the cutoff date?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VW CONFIRMS AUDI ISSUE

VW confirms Audi's emissions test transmission anomalies - Autoblog
Old 11-14-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great.. I'm expecting to take delivery late this week or early next. Would you if you were in my shoes?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Slightly different boat here, but taking delivery in 2017. Hoping by then they come clean on what this is and have a course of action. From what I've read, this is still an awesome car just hoping it doesn't get screw with resale value.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Well since the cheat is software based, if the earlier Qs are affected then I am sure just aflash of software will suffice. The flash being the same as the Qs rolling out after May when they stopped using the software. I honestly dont think these vehicles and users will be affected as the TDI group, but Audi will have to deal with the negative press and results from this again.

Quick Reply: New emissions cheat device discovered