AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   new owner questions on 2019 Q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/new-owner-questions-2019-q7-2974662/)

PARealtor 06-24-2019 10:19 AM

new owner questions on 2019 Q7

Picked up my slightly used 2019 Q7 last week and have a few questions that I can't seem to figure out and since I bought it used from a dealer they don't seem to be much help.

1. It came with a jack but I cant figure out where you stow it. Please dont tell me Audi thinks it should just sit in the cargo area rolling around all day. Am I missing something?
2. How does Myaudi work? Is it something subscription based? Is it worth it? I dont allow my kids to bring iPads in the car so the wifi option seems pointless.
3. Does anyone have a low buffeting sound around the front windshield area at highway speeds? I cant tell if I was used to my older noisier 2011 Q7 and now Im noticing everything or is there more to it.
4. Why does my old 2011 Q7 seem faster? I have a 2019 prestige but honestly it seems to be lacking any real power.
5. I noticed the passenger rear sunscreen has a crack on the part that attaches to the window. Easy to replace?
6. Why did Audi get rid of most of the center console storage space? more of a complaint and wireless charging has to go somewhere Im sure.
7. My MMI touchpad seems to have an issue where it doesn't recognize your touch in all areas. Is that normal or something that should be checked out?

BigKutta 06-24-2019 10:26 AM

1. Mine sits in my garage. Yes, no natural place for it in the vehicle
2. It's an app and for free you can do basic thinks like see location and lock/unlock. You should get an account set up and use the free functionality
3. No
4. This thing is large, and can take a bit to get going. What engine do you have?
5. Yes
6. Console space is poor
7. Hmm, havent noticed that, but maybe because I dont use it enough.

PARealtor 06-24-2019 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25334232)
1. Mine sits in my garage. Yes, no natural place for it in the vehicle
2. It's an app and for free you can do basic thinks like see location and lock/unlock. You should get an account set up and use the free functionality
3. No
4. This thing is large, and can take a bit to get going. What engine do you have?
5. Yes
6. Console space is poor
7. Hmm, havent noticed that, but maybe because I dont use it enough.

thanks for the quick reply. Its a 3.0 T prestige. Honestly every Q7 loaner I had felt quicker including the 2.0T. I remember saying wow, this loaner seems so much faster than my 2011 Q7 prestige and now it doesn't seem like that.

another question is does anyone else notice a mild hum sound when accelerating from a stop? its maybe a second long in duration and is coming from the engine bay.

sickk23 06-24-2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25334232)

If he has a Prestige he has the 3.0, this thing isn’t that large nor heavy. Really it feels slow lol

3. No
4. I just got a new 2019, my thread is around here somewhere not too far back. I got roasted and “schooled” when I said it felt slow. It does. But now that I’m at 1k miles there have been times that it does feel really quick but in general it feels next to gutless around town. Just gotta learn to live with it.

PARealtor 06-24-2019 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by sickk23 (Post 25334244)
If he has a Prestige he has the 3.0, this thing isn’t that large nor heavy. Really it feels slow lol

3. No
4. I just got a new 2019, my thread is around here somewhere not too far back. I got roasted and “schooled” when I said it felt slow. It does. But now that I’m at 1k miles there have been times that it does feel really quick but in general it feels next to gutless around town. Just gotta learn to live with it.

kind of disappointing especially since with the black optic and adaptive chassis package it looks the part. Almost wish I got a cayenne GTS instead for the same money. almost.

sickk23 06-24-2019 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by PARealtor (Post 25334249)
kind of disappointing especially since with the black optic and adaptive chassis package it looks the part. Almost wish I got a cayenne GTS instead for the same money. almost.

I have the mild hum from a stop, I assume it’s the supercharger.

How many miles do you have?

pcaddict66 06-24-2019 11:30 AM

Have you put the transmission into SPORT mode and then tried accelerating around town? Car & Driver's first test of the 2017 Q7 ran a 5.5 second 0 to 60 time. Other reviews are 5.7 times. Pretty fast for a large SUV.

sickk23 06-24-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by pcaddict66 (Post 25334260)
Have you put the transmission into SPORT mode and then tried accelerating around town? Car & Driver's first test of the 2017 Q7 ran a 5.5 second 0 to 60 time. Other reviews are 5.7 times. Pretty fast for a large SUV.

X2, but I’d recommend putting it in Dynamic instead of just Sport especially since OP has adaptive chassis. Just sucks you have to change the mode to make it feel like it kind of has power.

BigKutta 06-24-2019 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by PARealtor (Post 25334241)
thanks for the quick reply. Its a 3.0 T prestige. Honestly every Q7 loaner I had felt quicker including the 2.0T. I remember saying wow, this loaner seems so much faster than my 2011 Q7 prestige and now it doesn't seem like that.

another question is does anyone else notice a mild hum sound when accelerating from a stop? its maybe a second long in duration and is coming from the engine bay.

Its not slow but sure feels that way from a dead stop. If you punch the gas it'll get up and go, or just put it in S mode or dynamic

BigKutta 06-24-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PARealtor (Post 25334249)

Same money?? Yeah you should have...that would be a bargain