Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New Q7 finally at home: Glacier w/ black optics, Stek / Ceramic Pro, debadged, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q7 finally at home: Glacier w/ black optics, Stek / Ceramic Pro, debadged, etc.

Some of you may recall my thread of me purchasing a 2018 with 9k miles on it in Chicago (I live in Seattle) about 6 weeks ago. Picked it up on our yearly vacation to visit family in Wisconsin, and drove it back this past week with my eldest (15). 2,200 miles, 32 driving hours, done in 2.5 days while stopping at Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone (no, no extended stays at any one of them ). Must've killed a few thousand bugs which APC Auto Spa had the joy of cleaning off when I dropped it off with them the following day to do full front end Stek film, and Ceramic Pro Gold on the rest of the car and wheels. Turned out awesome, below pics taken in their parking lot when I picked it up. She made the drive perfectly, love the adaptive cruise, though I can confirm it's not possible to set it at anything higher than 95 mph

Aside from getting the black rings front and back, debadging the back, and swapping out the front yellow side markers with matching painted ones (all completed already) only other plans are to alter the interior trim (stay tuned for more details there) and have my Audi tech lower it. We'll see what happens from there.

Loving it so far!

Last edited by S4Per; 08-19-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pics and enjoy the ride!
Old 08-19-2018, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful ride and really gorgeous photos...mind sharing what kind of camera & lens you shot them with? Did you do a lot of processing to them afterward?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:53 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S4Per
Some of you may recall my thread of me purchasing a 2018 with 9k miles on it in Chicago (I live in Seattle) about 6 weeks ago. Picked it up on our yearly vacation to visit family in Wisconsin, and drove it back this past week with my eldest (15). 2,200 miles, 32 driving hours, done in 2.5 days while stopping at Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone (no, no extended stays at any one of them ). Must've killed a few thousand bugs which APC Auto Spa had the joy of cleaning off when I dropped it off with them the following day to do full front end Stek film, and Ceramic Pro Gold on the rest of the car and wheels. Turned out awesome, below pics taken in their parking lot when I picked it up. She made the drive perfectly, love the adaptive cruise, though I can confirm it's not possible to set it at anything higher than 95 mph

Aside from getting the black rings front and back, debadging the back, and swapping out the front yellow side markers with matching painted ones (all completed already) only other plans are to alter the interior trim (stay tuned for more details there) and have my Audi tech lower it. We'll see what happens from there.

Loving it so far!

I saw your post on sweedespeed that you deleted. I think this is an absolutely beautiful car compared to the XC90. Not to mention faster 😉
Old 08-20-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sr007
Great pics and enjoy the ride!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by A6Louie
Beautiful ride and really gorgeous photos...mind sharing what kind of camera & lens you shot them with? Did you do a lot of processing to them afterward?
Thanks! I used my Canon 5D Mark III with my 70-200 2.8 IS II on these. I wouldn't say I did a ton of processing on them, though the B&W ones had more than the full color ones. I like to play around with clarity a bit in Lightroom and overall contrast. I did use Photoshop on a couple but only to remove the rear license plate, and the temp window sticker in the back. Fun stuff!

Originally Posted by Allroading17
I saw your post on sweedespeed that you deleted. I think this is an absolutely beautiful car compared to the XC90. Not to mention faster 😉
Thanks for the car compliment, but that's not me on sweedespeed (I've never visited that site).
Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Oh then someone used this pic and deleted it after. LOL I think it's gorgeous
Old 08-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! Looking clean in white.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

she's a beauty

got the same exact color combo (w/ BOP) i'm picking up from the dealer this week. She arrived from European delivery
Old 08-20-2018, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks great! Love the white markers. I was gonna do the same but it looked like the bumper had to come off to get them out and have them painted, so I just wrapped ours black. How did you do it?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks again!
Yup, the bumper has to come off. Since I bought it 4 weeks prior to pick-up, I had TAG send the parts direct to the dealer and had them put them on.

Quick Reply: New Q7 finally at home: Glacier w/ black optics, Stek / Ceramic Pro, debadged, etc.