Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New Q7 - Friday

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mpatel1080
Is there a spare tire? I like the 21 inch wheels, but would rather not have a family vehicle with no spare tire.
I don't think so. The 21's are run flat and the cars don't usually carry spares. i may get a spare, but there is always Audi Assist for road service.
Z
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
I don't think so. The 21's are run flat and the cars don't usually carry spares. i may get a spare, but there is always Audi Assist for road service.
Z
I was told that the 20" are run flats but 21" are not. No spare, just a can of goo and roadside assistance
Old 01-07-2016, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mbr
I was told that the 20" are run flats but 21" are not. No spare, just a can of goo and roadside assistance
The 20's could also be, I'm not sure since I was focused on the ones on the car I'm getting. I'm pretty sure there isn't a spare, but there is a can of goo, air compressor, and roadside assistance. I've gotten to that point in life that if there is a flat, I'll just make a call since it's part of the cost of the car!
Z
Old 01-08-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Now that looks miles better than pics that I had previously seen. Can't wait for the QS7!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I concur, these photos are way better than many of the stock Audi promotional photos. Don't know why it looks so bad in those.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster
I concur, these photos are way better than many of the stock Audi promotional photos. Don't know why it looks so bad in those.
Personally I thought the photos made the back half of the roof look abrupt and made the car look shorter than it is.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Personally I thought the photos made the back half of the roof look abrupt and made the car look shorter than it is.
Agree. While the overall length of the car is 1" shorter than pre 17's, it feels much smaller. You get the same feeling sitting inside (or at least I do, others may not); it doesn't feel like the big beast the other models felt like. I drove a demo 15 before the 17's arrived since I had never done so. I felt like I was driving a bus; admittedly coming from an A7, it would feel that way since the latter is so low. There is also a sense of openness and increased visibility in the car, probably enhanced by the huge glass roof.
Z
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Agree. While the overall length of the car is 1" shorter than pre 17's, it feels much smaller. You get the same feeling sitting inside (or at least I do, others may not); it doesn't feel like the big beast the other models felt like. I drove a demo 15 before the 17's arrived since I had never done so. I felt like I was driving a bus; admittedly coming from an A7, it would feel that way since the latter is so low. There is also a sense of openness and increased visibility in the car, probably enhanced by the huge glass roof.
Z
So I guess I'll hopefully have an untainted view since I have never been in a Q7. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2016, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paul07834
Congrats! Would really appreciate a picture of the well underneath the cargo area floor.

Paul
Here you go, Paul; shot of the well underneath the cargo floor. As you can see, there is zero room due to the B&O gear, air pump, goo and some other stuff I have no clue of what it is...hope this helps. More pictures overall to come.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi would you mind to post more pics? thanks!

Quick Reply: New Q7 - Friday