Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New Q7 - Friday

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks Zekeman. I would get the Bose sound system which I believe has a smaller subwoofer but probably still no room for a spare.

Wishing you much enjoyment with your new Q7!

Paul
Old 01-08-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A01385611
Hi would you mind to post more pics? thanks!
Intend to do so on Saturday; got home late from pickup and it was already dark, but will try to shoot a bunch tomorrow even tho it's supposed to be cloudy.

First drive impression after only about 30 miles...the car is incredibly quiet and has a smooth ride. It came with 21's which are summer performance (go figure that Audi would make all the 21's summer performance run-flat). Part of the deal I made is the dealer threw in a set of all-season 21's, so I'm going to have a set of summer performance to sell - anyone interested? Will make an excellent price on a brand new set with damn few miles.

The B&O sounds great; the MMI is super quick, the interior accent lighting is pretty amazing - there are about 5 colors you can choose from, I chose red. So when another car comes up on your side and the side assist picks it up, not only does the amber indicator on the mirror on the affected side light up, but the door accent strip on that side max's out in brightness, to catch your attention...cool touch. There are SO many features to become familiar with...but having owned Audi's before, I find maneuvering through the various settings is fairly easy. The MMI and touch pad layout is different from the past, but I believe once you get used to navigating through the MMI on older models, the '17 is extremely intuitive and there isn't much of a learning curve. Sitting in the garage tonight I completed all my various settings including the Homelink (VERY easy) in about 30 minutes.

Looking forward to more bonding time this weekend and some photos, which I will post asap.
Z
Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Intend to do so on Saturday; got home late from pickup and it was already dark, but will try to shoot a bunch tomorrow even tho it's supposed to be cloudy.

First drive impression after only about 30 miles...the car is incredibly quiet and has a smooth ride. It came with 21's which are summer performance (go figure that Audi would make all the 21's summer performance run-flat). Part of the deal I made is the dealer threw in a set of all-season 21's, so I'm going to have a set of summer performance to sell - anyone interested? Will make an excellent price on a brand new set with damn few miles.

The B&O sounds great; the MMI is super quick, the interior accent lighting is pretty amazing - there are about 5 colors you can choose from, I chose red. So when another car comes up on your side and the side assist picks it up, not only does the amber indicator on the mirror on the affected side light up, but the door accent strip on that side max's out in brightness, to catch your attention...cool touch. There are SO many features to become familiar with...but having owned Audi's before, I find maneuvering through the various settings is fairly easy. The MMI and touch pad layout is different from the past, but I believe once you get used to navigating through the MMI on older models, the '17 is extremely intuitive and there isn't much of a learning curve. Sitting in the garage tonight I completed all my various settings including the Homelink (VERY easy) in about 30 minutes.

Looking forward to more bonding time this weekend and some photos, which I will post asap.
Z

Hi Zekeman! glad you like your new car. thanks for sharing your experience. i ordered mine in later nov early deem. so hopefully will get mine in early march! so excited you are the first a few people who has the latest version. or maybe the first one......
Old 01-09-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you think you could post a picture/video of the rear turn signals? Are they similar to the new Q3? Adaptive? Either way, it looks great! Congrats!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

from my stand point, those lights are not adaptive. restricted by regulations. same as the new matrix light.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Zekeman,

Thanks for the report! Any idea what 21" all season tire the dealership will be giving you? I haven't been able to find much for it out there other than the Pirelli/Conti Summer's that come OEM.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Z
Ok, here are some details on the car, then some photos I shot today on a rather cloudy day:

Graphite Gray Metallic
Black Interior
Prestige Package
Luxury Package
Bang & Olufsen Advanced 3D Sound
Adaptive Chassis Package
Driver Assistance Package
21" 5 double spoke design wheels
Towing Package
Cold Weather Package
Rear seat entertainment prewiring
High Glass black/gray oak inlays

Shifter is pretty cool - when you stop and want to put it in Park, just push the P button and it activates. The shifter itself barely moves.

Trying to catch the red accent lighting inside a dark garage...3 other colors are also available, which also goes up on the dash and accent points on the doors.

With 3rd row seats up

3rd row seats down
Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rheagar
Hey Zekeman,

Thanks for the report! Any idea what 21" all season tire the dealership will be giving you? I haven't been able to find much for it out there other than the Pirelli/Conti Summer's that come OEM.
I think, but am not 100% sure, they are Pirelli. The Service Mgr was out yesterday when I picked it up and was not able to confirm.
Z
Old 01-09-2016, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Now that looks miles better than pics that I had previously seen.
I saw one at my dealer today - definitely looks a lot better in the flesh, than in pics. Has a commanding presence and the 20" 10 spoke rims look real sharp. Already has me contemplating replacing my wife's 2014 ML 350 Bluetec....just gotta wait for the dieselgate debacle to play out and for the TDI's to be released.

Last edited by audi40; 01-09-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:13 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Z
I think only summer non-run flat tires are available in the size of the 21" wheels. A couple of weeks ago, my SA told me that only the 20" come with all season run flats. Your tires are scorpion verdes which I dont think come as run flats and wear poorly. My Macan Turbo came with the same tires and they lasted 15k miles (with very aggressive driving). I hope Michelin latitude 3 are available soon. I have the michelins on my Macan now and they are a huge improvement!

Last edited by mbr; 01-10-2016 at 06:00 AM.

Quick Reply: New Q7 - Friday