Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

new Q7 vs new XC90

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 06:50 PM
NGN
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a long time, my heart was set on the XC90. It was stunningly beautiful, the Q7, for me, could never compare in the looks department.

But months of lurking on SwedeSpeed got me real concerned about reliability; and yet I wanted the XC90. All these online reviews having the XC90 winning or coming a very close second only helped the confirmation bias.

The test drive was what ultimately let me down. The Q7 was refined, smooth and effortless, like a majestic horse. In comparison, the XC90 felt a bit like a pony that could keep up with the horse, but only with some effort.

So in the end, head won over heart and we ordered the Q7. It has increasingly grown on me, and I'm very excited for its arrival in the coming weeks.

All that said, I just saw a black XC90 today, and man did it look STUNNING in the dark of the night. Oh marone, what a beauty! I am truly happy for those who own this vehicle and hope Volvo resolves its issues and they get many stress-free years out of it.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NGN
For a long time, my heart was set on the XC90. It was stunningly beautiful, the Q7, for me, could never compare in the looks department.

But months of lurking on SwedeSpeed got me real concerned about reliability; and yet I wanted the XC90. All these online reviews having the XC90 winning or coming a very close second only helped the confirmation bias.

The test drive was what ultimately let me down. The Q7 was refined, smooth and effortless, like a majestic horse. In comparison, the XC90 felt a bit like a pony that could keep up with the horse, but only with some effort.

So in the end, head won over heart and we ordered the Q7. It has increasingly grown on me, and I'm very excited for its arrival in the coming weeks.

All that said, I just saw a black XC90 today, and man did it look STUNNING in the dark of the night. Oh marone, what a beauty! I am truly happy for those who own this vehicle and hope Volvo resolves its issues and they get many stress-free years out of it.
I am exactly like you. Webt through exactly same experience with both cars. After months of waiting, I am collecting my Q7 tomorrow. By far the better car in all areas except looks and interior space and comfort.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gani
I am exactly like you. Webt through exactly same experience with both cars. After months of waiting, I am collecting my Q7 tomorrow. By far the better car in all areas except looks and interior space and comfort.
Beg to differ, get the luxury package in the Q7 and the comfort of the contour seats equals or to some bests the XC90 seats.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:26 AM
NGN
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations, Gani. Enjoy the new ride.

Meyecul, I agree, with the Luxury package, the seats may be more comfortable than the XC90's.

Third row space may still be a bit less than the XC90 and trunk space too, but I'm not too worried about that.