Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Night Vision

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like the night vision. Wish it was cheaper but did include headlamp washers.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

So still seems like a toss up here. My concern is not with pedestrians, as we hardly have any walking on the roadways, its mostly for deer. Reading some of the posts seem to indicate that its not so effective with deer as it may be with humans (due to the narrow vision)
Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
So still seems like a toss up here. My concern is not with pedestrians, as we hardly have any walking on the roadways, its mostly for deer. Reading some of the posts seem to indicate that its not so effective with deer as it may be with humans (due to the narrow vision)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
THIS is why I decided on adding night vision to my build. With HUD I understand that the icon will appear in its view as well. Plus headlight washers. (For real, Audi: you don't include these automatically in the Prestige package?!?)

-John
Old 02-23-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dasaint
Very cool. They must have made BIG improvements in the night vision since 2014. They actually have the deer symbol now, which was not the case previously. I would definitely consider it now.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the outside of town and deer have no where to go. I pondered the same thing for awhile till i was just over thinking it and just got it. Picked up my Q7 the 9 of Jan. and it has paid for itself i know 5 times, 3 was deer and 2 was jogging. I guess i use mine more than some on here it sounds. Best 2200 i spent...
Old 03-01-2017, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in an area with lots of deer, and was considering it. But the reviews left me underwhelmed...all say they didnt see the value. I was going to pull the trigger on it anyway, but my order froze. LOL, maybe it wasn't meant to be
Old 03-02-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I'm in an area with lots of deer, and was considering it. But the reviews left me underwhelmed...all say they didnt see the value. I was going to pull the trigger on it anyway, but my order froze. LOL, maybe it wasn't meant to be
I like it and like i said, i use mine more probably than anyone on here it sounds like....u can turn headlights of and turn on night vision and its so bright, u can drive down the road with it....also with night vision, u get the headlight washers....
Old 03-04-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had night vision in my previous x5 and have to say, the night vision works best with adaptive lights and hud. If you have hud, all warnings are displayed on the windshield and you dont need to look down what the warning is. Also adaptive headlights cast a beam at the danger. Cool! We have deadly moose here, so would like to avoid that. Bmws system was always on, even though you didnt activate it. I think the Audi system is faulty innthat sense, that you need to remember to activate it. Dumb. I once put it on in Lappland and then forgot my wallet, went back in and start driving and almost hit a large herd of raindeer in the road and realized the second time around I had forgotten to activate the system. But it is a good system and pics up animals and people from a great distance. Not a toy. The image itself is useless, sometimes helps when driving in heavy snowfall in the night to see where the road is.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by kip1
Have had night vision in my previous x5 and have to say, the night vision works best with adaptive lights and hud. If you have hud, all warnings are displayed on the windshield and you dont need to look down what the warning is. Also adaptive headlights cast a beam at the danger. Cool! We have deadly moose here, so would like to avoid that. Bmws system was always on, even though you didnt activate it. I think the Audi system is faulty innthat sense, that you need to remember to activate it. Dumb. I once put it on in Lappland and then forgot my wallet, went back in and start driving and almost hit a large herd of raindeer in the road and realized the second time around I had forgotten to activate the system. But it is a good system and pics up animals and people from a great distance. Not a toy. The image itself is useless, sometimes helps when driving in heavy snowfall in the night to see where the road is.
I agree that having to remember to turn it on is a serious safety miss on Audi's part. I wonder if we can find a setting in OBD11 to make it on by default whenever the headlights are on.

Quick Reply: Night Vision