Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Nokian winters for Q7

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes. I used tires-easy on eBay, but there is also tiresbyweb.

They also both have their own stores, but I prefer to use eBay since it has purchase protection. They sell on Amazon also.

I started with a local dealer but when I called, even though they were listed as a dealer, the woman on the phone had "never heard of that brand" and wanted to sell me Bridgestone or something, so I didn't bother to try to work with them.

Last edited by rsilvers129; 11-22-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
Yes. I used tires-easy on eBay, but there is also tiresbyweb.

They also both have their own stores, but I prefer to use eBay since it has purchase protection. They sell on Amazon also.

I started with a local dealer but when I called, even though they were listed as a dealer, the woman on the phone had "never heard of that brand" and wanted to sell me Bridgestone or something, so I didn't bother to try to work with them.
IsTiresbyweb a reputable site to buy Tires?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Impressed with what I'm reading about the Nokian tires and thinking of getting a set. Quick question though, what is the contingency plan when using these and you get a flat?

Many thanks McC
Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mccfaepdx
Hi guys,

Impressed with what I'm reading about the Nokian tires and thinking of getting a set. Quick question though, what is the contingency plan when using these and you get a flat?

Many thanks McC
Discount Tire stocks these in my area (Seattle), so I'm not sure why I'd have to worry. Worst case scenario, I would switch back to my Conti DWS06's while I wait for the new ones.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

On the road you would jack up the car, put in the tire goop, and use the compressor to fill it up. Possibly drive to tire place and have them patch the inside also. If you need a new tire, order another one online, and drive one of your other cars until tire arrives. If you don't have another car, then put your all seasons back on.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My saga with my winter tires seems to continue.I got the tyres on order but now tire rack called me to let me know that the BBS Sx wheels are on special order and will take a while.They have the same rims in back but I dread having black wheels on a white q7.I think that would just look odd on a luxury SUV.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've purchased my Nokian's from TireByWeb for years now. They've always been great. Nokian's local presence (in VT I believe) is also awesome. I had problems with replacing a WRG2 when they were discontinued and they sent me new WRG3's as replacements.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I put 265/50/20s R2 SUV on the OE prestige rims. So far so good. A little whine noise at speed but no worse or slightly better than Blizzaks I’ve previously run on old MDX and Odyssey. Looking forward to big snowfall but we’ve had warmish weather in MN so far. Bought and installed locally at discount tire. I swapped out OE rims for Ace Alloy rims on original Pirelli run flats. The ride improvement in the winters is remarkable. Can’t wait to ditch the RFT pirellis. They are unacceptably harsh in a 70K luxury vehicle. I will roll the dice on standard tires. Shame on Audi for eliminating the spare and for spec-ing run flats. I will provide a pic of the summer setup for those interested.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
My saga with my winter tires seems to continue.I got the tyres on order but now tire rack called me to let me know that the BBS Sx wheels are on special order and will take a while.They have the same rims in back but I dread having black wheels on a white q7.I think that would just look odd on a luxury SUV.
If you are interested in a set of 20" BBS, I can put you in touch with someone who can search stock elsewhere or provide options and would likely not be at list pricing as TR?
PM me if that interests you.

Have you considered CH-Rs? There is also the CI-R but only in platinum finish since you're not keen on black.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
My wife wanted the same BBS SX for her Ink Blue 2017 Q7 but, as you said, they're on back order. I found the 20x9, et30 SX on TireRack last night for the SQ5/Q5 and have sent a message to see if these work on the Q7. 3mm on the off-set is nothing, but I'm not sure if the hub bore is the same or not.

What have you done with your set-up?

Quick Reply: Nokian winters for Q7