Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Numerous Malfuntion Messages Appearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Numerous Malfuntion Messages Appearing

I have the well know parking brake malfunction message, it's now joined by a drivers door malfunction message, in addition to a drivers assist malfunction during longer drives saying my hands are off the wheel.

What's the fix, software update/re-flash? Is there a TSB?

Thanks

Last edited by RJC 1; 02-19-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
I have the well know parking brake malfunction message, it's now joined by a drivers door malfunction message, in addition to a drivers assist malfunction during longer drives saying my hands are off the wheel.

What's the fix, software update/re-flash? Is there a TSB?

Thanks
Good luck. I had the parking brake/driver's door warning. They replaced my driver's door control module and flashed the software for the parking brake but now the soft close doors don't work 1/2 the time and I'm about to make a lemon law claim.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Corgiman

Good luck. I had the parking brake/driver's door warning. They replaced my driver's door control module and flashed the software for the parking brake but now the soft close doors don't work 1/2 the time and I'm about to make a lemon law claim.
Yikes! Has your vehicle already met the LL criteria?
This stuff all started on mine after the previous software update. I've got to imagine Audi is working on a better update. Can't understand why Audi has so much trouble with these things?
What is your production date?
Old 02-20-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yikes! Has your vehicle already met the LL criteria?
This stuff all started on mine after the previous software update. I've got to imagine Audi is working on a better update. Can't understand why Audi has so much trouble with these things?
What is your production date?
Car was produced at the end of 2016. As for the lemon law it's been in the shop 5 weeks for this problem, an Audi regional engineer has looked at it and they don't know how to fix it. They say it's an inherent part of the system and they can get other cars to do it if they repeatedly open and close the doors. My car malfunctions 1/2 the time just in normal use. It's a feature I paid for that doesn't work and can't be repaired. Don't see any other good options.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Car was produced at the end of 2016. As for the lemon law it's been in the shop 5 weeks for this problem, an Audi regional engineer has looked at it and they don't know how to fix it. They say it's an inherent part of the system and they can get other cars to do it if they repeatedly open and close the doors. My car malfunctions 1/2 the time just in normal use. It's a feature I paid for that doesn't work and can't be repaired. Don't see any other good options.
Wow, that's unfortunate. I will need to bring mine in for all the malfunction warnings, but I'm hesitant now after hearing your story where now your soft close doors were affected. Did they fix the other issues (driver's door and parking brake malfunction notices), and are these widespread problems, or are we part on an unlucky few? What has Audi suggested/offered since you're at the end of the road so to speak? Luv the way mine drives, but they certainly have their fair share of issues and some without resolution.

Last edited by RJC 1; 02-20-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, that's unfortunate. I will need to bring mine in for all the malfunction warnings, but I'm hesitant now after hearing your story where now your soft close doors were affected. Did they fix the other issues (driver's door and parking brake malfunction notices), and are these widespread problems, or are we part on an unlucky few? What has Audi suggested/offered since you're at the end of the road so to speak? Luv the way mine drives, but they certainly have their fair share of issues and some without resolution.
Spoke with the service manager today. Seems they have a monthly call where service departments all over the country discuss unusual issues. He wants to try that first. I know there's a couple of other cars out there on the forum with the same issue. Then it's on to Audi in Germany I suppose. Ultimately if they can't fix it I'll ask for a lemon law replacement. I know it's a first world problem but that car was 90k and it's not acceptable. We all think it's a software problem but getting it to the right IT person is the issue.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Spoke with the service manager today. Seems they have a monthly call where service departments all over the country discuss unusual issues. He wants to try that first. I know there's a couple of other cars out there on the forum with the same issue. Then it's on to Audi in Germany I suppose. Ultimately if they can't fix it I'll ask for a lemon law replacement. I know it's a first world problem but that car was 90k and it's not acceptable. We all think it's a software problem but getting it to the right IT person is the issue.
Thanks, and I feel your pain. Sounds like you've already qualified for the LL replacement so Audi should gladly supply you with a replacement (it's the only time they do so without a fight). Was the parking brake and door malfunction issue finally corrected, or do they persist? Sounds like once they changed the door module, the soft close was then affected/?

Last edited by RJC 1; 02-20-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, and I feel your pain. Sounds like you've already qualified for the LL replacement so Audi should gladly supply you with a replacement (it's the only time they do so without a fight). Was the parking brake and door malfunction issue finally corrected, or do they persist? Sounds like once they changed the door module, the soft close was then affected/?
The other issues were corrected. Not sure Audi will cough up a loaded Q7 without a fight. BTW soft close doors were the deciding issue between getting the Q7 and going with MB. They changed the door module and the soft close latch and flashed the software for the parking brake so not sure what the issue is.

Last edited by Corgiman; 02-20-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The other issues were corrected. Not sure Audi will cough up a loaded Q7 without a fight. BTW soft close doors were the deciding issue between getting the Q7 and going with MB.
Since you've already met the LL requirements they should replace w/o a fight (they would be foolish not to)...the value of the vehicle does not matter in this equation. My wife luvs the soft close so i understand your choice. Did you have soft close issues prior to them replacing the module to correct the driver's door malfunction?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Since you've already met the LL requirements they should replace w/o a fight (they would be foolish not to)...the value of the vehicle does not matter in this equation. My wife luvs the soft close so i understand your choice. Did you have soft close issues prior to them replacing the module to correct the driver's door malfunction?
I had the whole system shut down several (4-5) times affecting all 4 doors but it would reboot and work normally if I restarted the car. The frequent driver's door malfunction started after the repair. Exact build date was 12/16.

Quick Reply: Numerous Malfuntion Messages Appearing