Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

Has anyone tried to dim the the default brightness of the virtual cockpit? I find the gauges too bright at night. I saw coding posted for Q5 but not sure if it would be the same...
Originally Posted by gsobol
Wrong forum, use the Audi Q8 OBDEleven forum, and it looks like the workaround hasn't been found yet.
Sorry I didn’t realize it was the wrong forum. Thanks for redirecting me
Old 06-10-2019, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by skiphoyt
Sorry I didn’t realize it was the wrong forum. Thanks for redirecting me
I saw you posting in Q8 forum, sorry we were not able to help you.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Map Update

I have 2017 Prestige.....3 years old....tried to update maps to 2020 but am blocked. Apparently you get 5 map updates over 2.5 years from date of manufacture.
After that even if you have the correct update files the update won't work. So the question.... is there a coding to reset or override the MMI map timeframe to allow map updating??

Apparently you can purchase an update after the 2.5 years from Audi so they must have someway to code the system to allow updates??
Old 01-05-2020, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Map Update

I have 2017 Prestige.....3 years old....tried to update maps to 2020 but am blocked. Apparently you get 5 map updates over 2.5 years from date of manufacture.
After that even if you have the correct update files the update won't work. So the question.... is there a coding to reset or override the MMI map timeframe to allow map updating??

Apparently you can purchase an update after the 2.5 years from Audi so they must have someway to code the system to allow updates??
Old 01-05-2020, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tzchang
Working normal after I cleared these error codes. The only problem is I cannot get into coding for module 09. It keep showing "Check network connection" errors......
You need to have an internet connection on the device. I usually just hotspot my phone and connect to that.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 Q7 TDI and am looking to get the AUX port activated. Normally this is done via green screen. I'm looking to see if the ODBeleven can just enable the AUX or must I still enable green screen to do that? If so can the standard ODBeleven do that with an iPhone? Not looking to do much more modifications as this is my wifes vehicle.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Andre Aguiar
I have a 2014 Q7 TDI and am looking to get the AUX port activated. Normally this is done via green screen. I'm looking to see if the ODBeleven can just enable the AUX or must I still enable green screen to do that? If so can the standard ODBeleven do that with an iPhone? Not looking to do much more modifications as this is my wifes vehicle.
Wrong forum, you need to ask in MKI forum here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-discussion-112/
The second part of your question, no you will need Android, currently coding is not possible when using OBD11 with iPhone - you can only read not code.

Last edited by gsobol; 01-13-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi,I want to know how to enable inclinometer On A6 via VCDS,thanks!

Originally Posted by oswalde2000
Good morning all. Does any of this coding work on the 2016 A6 or has anyone tried them on the 2016 A6?
I have enabled needle sweep, inclinometer and traffic sign recognition with Ross Tech VCDS. Needle sweep functions well but traffic sign recognition is greyed out and says " Selected system is currently not available ". It's same situation with inclinometer; also greyed out and " selected system is not currently available. BTW, I have a US car in Germany so not sure if that makes a difference.
Also something totally not related to all this. But has anyone been able to download or update the owners manual to the MMI hard drive? So on the MMI there's an option for owners manual. But when selected it says " No owners manual is available. Start update now? Yes/No." It provides the option to update online or USB or CD. I've played with it since I took delivery of the car and nothing happens.
Hi,I want to know how to enable inclinometer On A6 via VCDS,thanks!
Old 05-27-2020, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickObe
This worked for me using OBDeleven, USA Q7 prod March 2016.

Additionally, if you set "Seat Symmetry Movement" to active in BOTH of the above modules, you get an additional MMI option that allows you to match the pax seat to the driver seat.
I find control unit 6 (passenger seat) in the control units section of the obd11. Did you have do take an extra steps to get the passenger seat control unit to show up?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

New used 2017 Prestige owner here. I've been reading through some of this thread but I wanted to confirm, currently there is no way to reprogram the MMI to ignore the built-in eSIM and use the SIM slot for all data functions?

Quick Reply: OBDEleven