Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven for iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDEleven for iPhone

Was going to post this in Audi News but says I don’t have permission to.

Looks like the next generation of obdeleven which is built to support iOS is going to be announced Friday.
https://obdeleven.com/nextgen/
Old 04-10-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Figures. Just bought the current gen and a kindle fire to make it work.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by txaudiguy
Figures. Just bought the current gen and a kindle fire to make it work.
The Friday announcement may just be its coming ‘soon’, or this summer or fall or such in which case people will still need to buy the old solutions in the meantime. Or if it is available Friday or this month the iOS software according to past twitter threads may only be in better with limited function at this point. But crossing my fingers won’t need to go the android route just to code an Audi to turn on front parking sensors automatically.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisCraft
Was going to post this in Audi News but says I don’t have permission to.

Looks like the next generation of obdeleven which is built to support iOS is going to be announced Friday.
https://obdeleven.com/nextgen/
Thanks for the heads up! I don't see mention of iOS on the link. Was that reported elsewhere? Also, do you know if it will require a new dongle and/or pro code?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

On their twitter feed since 2018 they have been providing updates on the iOS development and they noted first was in pre-alpha stage, then alpha, and now will be entering beta. And they noted along that process publicly on twitter that the iOS app will require the new Next Gen hardware that will work via Bluetooth Low Energy.

Within 24 hours we should know more. Such as if the new hardware will be available right aware or they are just announcing that it's coming later this year. And we don't know if the beta software will be available within 24 hours or if not available until later in the year. And in previous tweets they mentioned it can diagnos but the coding ability wasn't built yet, so not sure if that has been added yet or if that isn't coming until later which would make the app not too helpful until it is.

According to the twitter history, that countdown on their site has been pushed back at least once by a few days, so there is a chance they may push the countdown back further again, but hopefully not.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't do twitter, so thanks for the update.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just got the email announcement. Pre-orders open May 3. iPhone app will be non-Pro version to start. No value to me until iPhone app is fully capable, so I'll just be waiting.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Just got the email announcement. Pre-orders open May 3. iPhone app will be non-Pro version to start. No value to me until iPhone app is fully capable, so I'll just be waiting.
Yes was excited to get there email this morning and reached out to them asking additional unanswered questions such as pricing, ship dates, if iOS beta will be available to all in App Store or via invite through TestFlight, and if the Pro version for iOS is coming this year or next. The beta it appears will have one click apps so you can enable functionality through that but all the more advanced coding won’t be available probably for sometime, since the standard version is only just in beta and then the pro version will go through prealpha, alpha, beta and eventually stable.