Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Optic black 21” all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNVol
I have seen another thread on this forum that showed a link to a European offering for a Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season (not the Plus version) in 285/40R21. Not sure if the link will come thru, but it appears to be showing on Pirelli's website now (note, fwiw, the link references EU Label: https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...#EULabel-modal. I have not yet called this to the attention of either my dealer or Tire Rack to see if those are available stateside yet.

I did read a preview of the new Porsche Cayenne recently. It appeared to be wearing Michelin 285/40R21 rubber on the front, but I think they were summer only tires too. Maybe another model with that size spec will help for more option going forward . . .
Excellent -- thanks for posting.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Please keep us posted on the new all season. I am going to take delivery of my 2018 Q7 in about 2-3 weeks and need all season tires. Planning to purchase the Conti DWS06 295/40 R21, but if the pirelli gets released I will purchase those instead.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Has anybody received their Q7 yet with these all seasons? What brand are they for the 21 inch BOP?
Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got mine Thursday. In SoCal it came with Continental 285/40R21. Its a summer tire.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dfprod
I just got mine Thursday. In SoCal it came with Continental 285/40R21. Its a summer tire.
i think he’s asking about the 21” all-season.. we all know what brand the summer tires are..
Old 10-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by dfprod
RIF
Old 10-23-2017, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smileyfacesun
I know this option is new, but in general how those low profile all season tires on heavy snow in NJ? Any experience? Thanks!
Got my Graphite Gray/Cedar Brown with BOP on Saturday, and am having wheels powder coated now. NO all-season tires yet available at the dealership (some of the sales reps didn't even know that the all-season option was available with the BOP -- this is becoming less and less of a surprise the more experience I gained with them). I've not seen this written anywhere else, but the "all-season" option is a *free exchange for the summer tires upon ordering the BOP (might surprise some, might not surprise others here). My SA told me they'd give me a $400 break on new tires and do the install for free. This, of course, while I sit and wait for how long for any 285 40R21s to even show up at the dealership, as I put even more miles on the "new" summer tires?

So, I decided to be pro-active and ordered the Continental DWS 06 295 40ZR21s and am having them shipped to the powdercoater's for them to install. This way, they'll be installed at no cost and I'll get my summer tires back with only 40 miles on them (they are ContiSport Contact 5s) to sell. Thanks to everyone on this board that mentioned their experience with the DWS 06s -- I'm going off thoughts/advice provided here, and am hopeful that in the end, I'll be happier. I'll definitely feel safer -- clearly the SA I dealt with didn't need to consider my safety on the road with winter approaching (of course, I got plenty of free "weather predictions" on how long it's going to stay summery in the DC area). I'll provide pics/details later on the experience. Am so disappointed in how this all went down, and just decided to go with a tire with which *most people seemed happy (dare I say, some seemed incredibly happy) that I knew I could count on, rather than waiting for whatever tire shows up for it's debut (clearly, it seems to be the Pirelli Verdi Green all-season, but honestly, who knows).

And with that, anyone in the DC/Arlington, VA area want a set of 40-mile-used ContiSport Contact 5 Summer tires? ^^
Old 10-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine will have the 21” all seasons for sure. Was built 2nd week of October. It’s either headed to Emden or there waiting to be loaded onto a ship. Will share that info when I can if its still a mystery by then.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine also has all season tires and should be arriving in Houston later this week. It will take a couple of weeks to get to the dealer from there. Will ask them once they get it what tires (tyres for our Euro friends ) they slapped on those 21" wheels.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't most that deal w/snow have a separate set of wheels/tires for winter use?

Quick Reply: Optic black 21” all season tires