Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering a Q7 2018 Prestige- Luxury Option Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I'm one of those that is down between the lux package and the adaptive chassis. My budget will be around 75K and I absolutely want the B&O system.

Prestige
21"
DAP
B&O
Towing
Florett Silver metallic upgrade
6% discount included (Planning on getting this )

If you could only choose one, what would be your preference?

BTW: 90% of my driving is on freeways.
BTWII: The audiusa configurator still shows the lux package at $6K, not $5500.

Last edited by Tysandrew; 06-09-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tysandrew
So, I'm one of those that is down between the lux package and the adaptive chassis. My budget will be around 75K and I absolutely want the B&O system.

Prestige
21"
DAP
B&O
Towing
Florett Silver metallic upgrade

If you could only choose one, what would be your preference?

BTW: 90% of my driving is on freeways.
BTWII: The audiusa configurator still shows the lux package at $6K, not $5500.
This is easy. I know its not what you are going to want to hear but.....Leave the B&O out and get the Luxury and adaptive suspension. These have an impact on your driving and the Bose is just fine. $5k for the B&O is the definition of diminishing returns on your money compared with $5500 for what you get in the luxury pkg. Not knocking the B&O, its great, just not an extra $5k great if forcing you to leave out something the the lux pkg. Online is still configuring 2017 last time I checked.

Last edited by Meyecul; 06-09-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ha - I knew someone was going to say that.

I recently sat in a Q7 Prestige with B&O and it blew my mind. With a 30 min commute (each way) in crappy traffic, I thought it would help offset the pain.

If the B&O is a 10 (scale 1-10), what is the Bose?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The B&O is of course better and those tweeters are very cool coming up out of the dash, but for most ears not anywhere near $5k better. If you were simply asking if you should add it but not giving up anything else, then well, thats a different story. (Actually, if you said night vision or B&O then thats also a no brainer, B&O all the way). The Bose sounds excellent enough. The base standard stereo is the one that sucks in comparison. After having a 2.0 loaner for a week with the standard stereo, I would never ever go with that. Let me ask you this. What color interior are you getting?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Probably Black. Open to other colors too. Also thinking Ink Blue exterior.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Okay. Just food for thought and all just personal opinion. Strictly visually with an all black interior the extended leather option in the lux package will not make as big an impact as other color interiors. Still, its super nice though and changes the entire feel of the interior along with the alcantara. I recently had a 2.0 loaded P+ loaner with the gray interior for a week. The textured plastic and rubber ish surfaces on the doors, door pulls and center console etc. seemed cheap looking (and feeling) in comparison (key word, "comparison" here). Most shoppers never get to experience this and its not like the standard interior is bad, its beautiful. Just a whole other level w the lux. If dealers had a bunch on their lots, it would make selling standard interiors harder. I have some pics in another recent thread (cedar interior topic) showing some close ups of the doors so you can see up close.

After turning in the loaner and getting back into mine, I felt like I went from a nice loaded camry interior into a masarati. That said, if you go with all black and no lux, the "would be" leather surfaces are better as the black plastic/rubberish surfaces are dark and rich enough to not do what the gray does.

I know its hard to find one, to sit in, but the feeling in the cabin with the lux package vs the standard is just very different. Truth be told given the price of the prestige, the extended leather and alcantara should just be standard. This is a lux SUV afterall and other brands in far lower price points do better in this regard.

I can guarantee the seats in the lux package will do more for you on those 30 min commutes then a bump up in a stereo. I know you were blown away by the B&O and rightfully so, its awesome, but after a week, that impact would settle down a bit. The seats however will keep you comfy and wrapped in luxury for the life of the car. Toss in a massage or two and well, the stereo really wont matter then..haha.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
This is easy. I know its not what you are going to want to hear but.....Leave the B&O out and get the Luxury and adaptive suspension. These have an impact on your driving and the Bose is just fine. $5k for the B&O is the definition of diminishing returns on your money compared with $5500 for what you get in the luxury pkg. Not knocking the B&O, its great, just not an extra $5k great if forcing you to leave out something the the lux pkg. Online is still configuring 2017 last time I checked.
Honestly the B&O is like $6,000 right? You pay $1,000 for Bose in the Prestige package and another $5,000 on top of that! Two things I'm leaving out of my build are B&O and night vision. If anyone is interested I have a pretty popular YouTube video on how i spent $300 bucks and made my Bose system sound waaaaaay better in my 2016 S7. My original thread on Audize inspired over 100 plus members to to the upgrade and people are loving it. I'm not saying this cause I think I'm cool I'm just saying there are reasonable cost effective ways to get better sound without spending $6K.
https://youtu.be/x8YGujHDLVM
Jesse
Old 06-09-2017, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Honestly the B&O is like $6,000 right? You pay $1,000 for Bose in the Prestige package and another $5,000 on top of that! Two things I'm leaving out of my build are B&O and night vision. If anyone is interested I have a pretty popular YouTube video on how i spent $300 bucks and made my Bose system sound waaaaaay better in my 2016 S7. My original thread on Audize inspired over 100 plus members to to the upgrade and people are loving it. I'm not saying this cause I think I'm cool I'm just saying there are reasonable cost effective ways to get better sound without spending $6K.
https://youtu.be/x8YGujHDLVM
Jesse
I second Jesse's idea regarding replacing the subwoofer with an aftermarket sub. I read somewhere that the Bose in the new Q7 put out enough power so that a mono subwoofer amp is not required to drive an aftermarket sub. Anyone else heard/read this?
DJ, you looking to buy a Q7 broah? I'm looking at the Q7 Prestige to replace my wife's GL450 in the next year or so and the Q7 is on the top of our list.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 06-09-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I second Jesse's idea regarding replacing the subwoofer with an aftermarket sub. I read somewhere that the Bose in the new Q7 put out enough power so that a mono subwoofer amp is not required to drive an aftermarket sub. Anyone else heard/read this?
DJ, you looking to buy a Q7 broah? I'm looking at the Q7 Prestige to replace my wife's GL450 in the next year or so and the Q7 is on the top of our list.
Yeah, I just placed my order today!!!

We're jumping from our XC90.

Last edited by djpeaksd; 06-09-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Yeah, I just placed my order today!!!

We're jumping from our XC90.
Most excellent. Congrats! We're probably going to pull the trigger in about 10 months.

Quick Reply: Ordering a Q7 2018 Prestige- Luxury Option Question