Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering a Q7 2018 Prestige- Luxury Option Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My original Q7 was a fully loaded premium plus; my replacement is a Prestige with Luxury package and B&O sound.

Having lived with the standard leather/seats/interior for 16 months, the Luxury package is worth every penny. Cedar Brown leather is gorgeous, the seats are 10 times more comfortable, the message feature is terrific, and the cabin lighting is spectacular. I have the line lighting match the cedar brown leather. Way cool, very 'sexy'.

The B&O sound system surpasses my high expectations. I have a dedicated audio system that is state of the art, and the B&O closely matches the sound quality, including sound stage presentation. My biggest issue with the Bose system is it's dull lifeless muddled sound and thumping tuneless bass. The B&O has tuneful, powerful bass that is tightly integrated with the sound. Just about perfect.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get the adaptive air suspension package?

if you had to choose between the AAS and B&O, which one would you choose?

Originally Posted by jmike52
My original Q7 was a fully loaded premium plus; my replacement is a Prestige with Luxury package and B&O sound.

Having lived with the standard leather/seats/interior for 16 months, the Luxury package is worth every penny. Cedar Brown leather is gorgeous, the seats are 10 times more comfortable, the message feature is terrific, and the cabin lighting is spectacular. I have the line lighting match the cedar brown leather. Way cool, very 'sexy'.

The B&O sound system surpasses my high expectations. I have a dedicated audio system that is state of the art, and the B&O closely matches the sound quality, including sound stage presentation. My biggest issue with the Bose system is it's dull lifeless muddled sound and thumping tuneless bass. The B&O has tuneful, powerful bass that is tightly integrated with the sound. Just about perfect.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
Acantara is something that is a bit of a scam. It is harder to maintain, gets dusty/dirty easier, and is extremely hard to clean.
To be honest, I never had to clean my headliner(s) in the first place.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tysandrew
Did you get the adaptive air suspension package?

if you had to choose between the AAS and B&O, which one would you choose?
I have not driven a Q7 with the AAS, so in that regard I have no opinion. But my service manager told me to go with the B&O when I asked him the same question.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmike52

Thanks for your comparative input.The most important thing I am interested in the luxury package are the seats .Thats what we sit on every moment that we use the car and seats make or break the car IMHO.I sat on the standard seat in a Q7 and the lack of thigh support is disappointing.I have long legs and it felt like almost 3-4 inches of my things were hanging infront of the front edge of the seat.I was wondering if anyone can post the length of the seat base with the thigh extenders fully extended vs in the normal position.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I sat in a Q7 with the luxury package, and frankly the difference was not very pronounced to me (except the black alcantara headliner). The extended leather only extends to the bottom half of the doors and there is no leather on the dash. To me the seats and leather difference was not huge enough to matter. I didnt care for the auto closing doors (and now they are included in the Prestige anyway)
I haven't sat in one with the Luxury package myself, but all the reviews I read/viewed noted how much more comfortable they are. I wanted massaging seats and the alcantara headliner anyway though... so it was a no brainer for me.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bakinmola
I haven't sat in one with the Luxury package myself, but all the reviews I read/viewed noted how much more comfortable they are. I wanted massaging seats and the alcantara headliner anyway though... so it was a no brainer for me.
need for Massaging seats would make sense to get the lux pack
Old 01-07-2018, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have reserved my preorder last week for a 2019 Q7 Prestige in Galaxy Blue w/ Cedar Brown interior with expected delivery for 1 NOV 18. Honestly, this is the most expensive vehicle that we have ever purchased. I was going back and forth on options concerning the luxury and adaptive chassis packages. I want to thank everyone for their input on this thread. It really helps to hear from owners' experiences to put the long term benefits of the packages into perspective. You all have some very nice vehicles. We ended up opting for both of those packages along with the cold weather package, the driver assistance package, the night vision assistant, and the rear airbags. I have to wait until I return to the States for listening to the B & O system. We may or may not add it when we finalize the reserve into a build order in July so we have a little time. I did add an extended warranty along with Audi Care, Auto Appearance Protection, and the Tire and Wheel Protection. So far with all that before the taxes and tags: $85,607.50. Yes, that is $6500 (7%) below MSRP.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyGuy
I have reserved my preorder last week for a 2019 Q7 Prestige in Galaxy Blue w/ Cedar Brown interior with expected delivery for 1 NOV 18. Honestly, this is the most expensive vehicle that we have ever purchased. I was going back and forth on options concerning the luxury and adaptive chassis packages. I want to thank everyone for their input on this thread. It really helps to hear from owners' experiences to put the long term benefits of the packages into perspective. You all have some very nice vehicles. We ended up opting for both of those packages along with the cold weather package, the driver assistance package, the night vision assistant, and the rear airbags. I have to wait until I return to the States for listening to the B & O system. We may or may not add it when we finalize the reserve into a build order in July so we have a little time. I did add an extended warranty along with Audi Care, Auto Appearance Protection, and the Tire and Wheel Protection. So far with all that before the taxes and tags: $85,607.50. Yes, that is $6500 (7%) below MSRP.
Congrats, SafetyGuy!

Since you basically went 'all in' on that vehicle AND got a great price, I can already see you adding the B&O as well. If you care just a bit about music, it's worth it. I can say that it's my favorite feature on the Q7 along with the 4-wheel steering - the picture in my signature is not a coincidence..LOL..

How time flies though...MY19 already...
Old 01-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You made the right decision re Adaptive Chassis... I love both the 4-wheel steering and the air-shocks... makes driving this bigger Q7 even easier than the Q5. You "forget" that this is much bigger. We chose not to get the lux package.. but the seats without it are already very comfy. Heated Steering Wheel with the cold weather pack is very nice too. My wife and I have listened to the base Bose sound, and find it incredible.. I cannot imagine how the B&O would be worth the extra expense. Since I didn't listen to it, I guess I will never know.

Quick Reply: Ordering a Q7 2018 Prestige- Luxury Option Question