Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
Did you order the argus brown metallic exterior?
yes
Old 03-24-2016, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build time

So I asked two Audi dealers in bay area and received different answers regarding build time. One told me the wait is 5-6 months the other said 3 months.

Is it possible to have such a big discrepancy? Is one of them BSing me?
Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bennksy
So I asked two Audi dealers in bay area and received different answers regarding build time. One told me the wait is 5-6 months the other said 3 months.

Is it possible to have such a big discrepancy? Is one of them BSing me?
Not necessarily BSing, but possibly. However, like someone just mentioned few posts up, it is more likely dealer-dependent and there are lots of variables; size and sales volume of the dealer will dictate how many build spots they have available at any given time, not to mention demand for the new Q7 can vary greatly between dealers irrespective of their sales volume.

Any good dealership should be able to sit down with you on the accessaudi online ordering system and show you what build allocations are available (if any) and whether or not there are any changeable configurations among those that have already been assigned production weeks, before you plunk down a deposit and commit to an order, after which you should be provided with a commission or order number for your build that you can reference for future inquiries as the build progresses. IMO, a dealer that will not do this for a customer is likely into shady practices and should be avoided. Some dealers who cannot do this for you may simply just not have any available build slots open and are placing you on a queue so as not to discourage your business.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by larryV
Not necessarily BSing, but possibly.
Thanks so much for the tip. This is my first time getting a custom-build order, your advice is really useful!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We ordered Feb. 12th.

We were given a Production Week of 1116, which would have been last week.

I need to check with my dealer again, but the order sheet shows a delivery date of May.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
Build week is 12 (edited) as quoted by my dealer in February

ETA early May is based on an estimate from them as well

I guess I'll know more in two weeks

Thanks.
Just got an email that my Q7 has been mfd and is on its way to Eden, with an ETA San Diego of 4/27 (edited)

Last edited by GK12345EMAIL; 03-26-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got an email that my Q7 has been mfd and is on its way to Eden, with an ETA San Diego of 4/27 (edited)
Looks like yours is scheduled in Dyonysos Leader vessel which is scheduled to leave Emden 3/30 and arrive San Diego 4/27.

I received an email just with information that mine is in transit and my dealer says it is scheduled to reach between mid April to end April (my production week was 10). So I am assuming mine is on Grand Orion which left Emden 3/16 and arrive San Diego 4/19.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info. How can I track this myself ? I looked at some of the other posts but can't find any schedules which show vessels calling on San Diego.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. How can I track this myself ? I looked at some of the other posts but can't find any schedules which show vessels calling on San Diego.
The PWL Group - You can download schedule pdf for VW (select liner schedules "West- and East Coast USA" and carrier as VW RO)
Unfortunately this does not show any vessel reaching San Diego, I am not sure why :-)

Below 2 gives some schedule but not necessarily that will contain a Audi. So from below whatever schedule you see from Emden to San Diego which matches with a VW schedule from The PWL Group and your dates given by dealer... thats what you are looking for :-)
MOL Vessel Schedule - Put POL San Diego and POD Emden
Schedules - NYK RORO - Pick Europe to USA pdf

San Diego Marine Information Systems - Maritime Information - Vessel Schedule - This gives all schedule of San Diego. Unfortunately this only give closer ones, so showing GRAND ORION but not DYONYSOS LEADER yet.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by npinakee@gmail.com
The PWL Group - You can download schedule pdf for VW (select liner schedules "West- and East Coast USA" and carrier as VW RO)
Unfortunately this does not show any vessel reaching San Diego, I am not sure why :-)

Below 2 gives some schedule but not necessarily that will contain a Audi. So from below whatever schedule you see from Emden to San Diego which matches with a VW schedule from The PWL Group and your dates given by dealer... thats what you are looking for :-)
MOL Vessel Schedule - Put POL San Diego and POD Emden
Schedules - NYK RORO - Pick Europe to USA pdf

San Diego Marine Information Systems - Maritime Information - Vessel Schedule - This gives all schedule of San Diego. Unfortunately this only give closer ones, so showing GRAND ORION but not DYONYSOS LEADER yet.
Thanks npinakee! I looked at the PWL schedule and it looks like the San Diego schedule is on demand (Auf Anfrage - at least that is what Google translate told me). The NYK schedule is the the best one.

Quick Reply: Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery